• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zewill

Reaction score
Work! I'm a lawyer and I'm still in the office more than half the week.

Mind you I have to have them tailored first and who knows when that will be possible...

Suitsupply is open for tailoring last time I went... Was ready next day.
In other news, anyone receive from the outlet the 320$ cad full canvas suit in grey or brown 100% wool (p5121 E Thomas)
? It's super 150s and feels very coarse and plasticky.
I also received another super 150 (the 3 piece jort) and it's a beaut... Best purchase ever (to stick around in closet unworn and untailored :D )
I'll post a pic of the wierd grey suit. Still a great deal at 320 but fore sure wouldn't have purchased it full price.

Screenshot_20201226-191603345.jpg

Kimistry

Reaction score
My outlet order was delivered today (ordered on Nov 25). I really like the mid-brown wool alpaca havana jacket. The fabric is thick, yet very soft. The color is also less bright than the product pictures make it look like.
I’m looking forward to add it into my rotation.

View attachment 1519365

I got this jacket as well, after much hassle. Initially, they cancelled my order saying that it was out of stock. I was disappointed, but understood that it could happen. But to my surprise, it came back in stock in their regular online store. So I exchanged a few emails with them asking how it could have been "out of stock" when it was obvious it never was. After a few more exchanges, they finally admitted they had made a mistake and they shipped a new one out to me with the outlet price! In the end, a great customer service use case. Glad that you're liking it. I had been super close to purchasing one of the Spier & Mackay jackets on sale, but when I saw their message to me, I jumped on this instead.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 8.41.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 8.41.06 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 96

zewill

Reaction score
I got this jacket as well, after much hassle. Initially, they cancelled my order saying that it was out of stock. I was disappointed, but understood that it could happen. But to my surprise, it came back in stock in their regular online store. So I exchanged a few emails with them asking how it could have been "out of stock" when it was obvious it never was. After a few more exchanges, they finally admitted they had made a mistake and they shipped a new one out to me with the outlet price! In the end, a great customer service use case. Glad that you're liking it. I had been super close to purchasing one of the Spier & Mackay jackets on sale, but when I saw their message to me, I jumped on this instead.

Good you managed to have it. Customer service is great and very accomodating. You do realise it's not because an item is in stock on the regular website that it's destined to the outlet... Suitsupply however understands that customer is king!

archipel

Reaction score
Good you managed to have it. Customer service is great and very accomodating. You do realise it's not because an item is in stock on the regular website that it's destined to the outlet... Suitsupply however understands that customer is king!

Well it is weird to cancel an outlet order because it is not in stock when it is in stock for the regular website.

zewill

Reaction score
Yes. Just asked about it in store last week and they said that Jort line is done.
That is terrible news for us the customer. Never understood who that Jort dude was (apart from the fact he was a controversial Dutch journalist), he did look quite cringeworthy in some ads.
However, I understand they stop the collection from the Suitsupply stand point : who was spending 1000$ +cad for the jort line ? I always saw them on the outlet (where I grabbed them). Happy to have done so now that I learned this. Found them the best fitting for the whole susu collection, less taper than regular collection on the pants, and obviously the full canvas was a plus. At 320$ and 500$ for a 3 piece on outlets, premium materials, they were a no brainer (yes some pieces were a bit show off and hard to pull off for the regular customer).
A big shame if they do stop that line. My wardrobe is loaded anyways :D
That does leave a void for the premium collection at Suitsupply, I still believe they ought to have pieces for when a customer asks for the best of the best. I guess they can always redirect to their full canvass pieces.

Kimistry

Reaction score

Perhaps my summary was unclear, but I purchased the item when it was in the outlet and not in the regular site. In fact, I got in on the outlet earlier than most (including folks here) for whatever reason, maybe because I purchase so much from them. But despite buying the item early, I got the notice later that they ran out of stock. It wouldn’t have been an issue for me if it didn’t show up in the regular site as in stock all of a sudden. So it just felt disingenuous. But in any case they resolved the situation for me!

compuccesory

Reaction score
Perhaps my summary was unclear, but I purchased the item when it was in the outlet and not in the regular site. In fact, I got in on the outlet earlier than most (including folks here) for whatever reason, maybe because I purchase so much from them. But despite buying the item early, I got the notice later that they ran out of stock. It wouldn’t have been an issue for me if it didn’t show up in the regular site as in stock all of a sudden. So it just felt disingenuous. But in any case they resolved the situation for me!

I had the same situation happen to me, but it worked out in my favor in a different way. I rushed my order through during the outlet but changed my mind on a couple of them. I tried contacting CS to see if I could cancel, since they hadn't shipped, but was informed that all outlet sales were final - fair enough, they did say that up front so I'll live with it. However later on one of the items was actually cancelled because it was "out of stock". Eh, OK, guess I got lucky, but the weird thing is that the item later on turned up in the outlet again - when I first purchased it, it had gone out of stock. I thought at first that maybe Suitsupply CS had done me a solid and given me a back-door cancellation, and in any case I've always been pretty happy with them so cool, but if it's happening to other people then I guess it was probably a mistake.

zewill

Reaction score
During the April sale they botched up their orders and so many things were doubled ordered and had to be cancelled. They definitely corrected the issue this time round (had 0 cancellations this time in Dec 2020, yet had 5 out of 10 during April 2020). I guess handing out gift cards as a way to apologize ended up costing them quite a bit :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads