• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ultramantaro

Reaction score
Most of the better deals are gone by now after another brief restock late last night (early morning today) I caved and bought the Jort Bamboo jacket - appears to be a great fabric for hotter weather so that can be my go to summer jacket. Can't pass it up for $125 for a fully canvassed option.

Last edited:

zewill

Reaction score
Funny how on the website the suit is beautifully presented and when one wants to sell on it looks like a horrible baggy suit from the 90s

zewill

Reaction score
That seems like a completely flawed system. The local staff gets no benefit from all the online sales, but get hit with a penalty on returns? This is perhaps why, in the U.S. at least, they have moved to a "final sale" approach, to prevent people from returning large quantities of items.

By the way, does anyone know what SuitSupply does with returns of custom made items? Do they leave enough allowances, to reconfigure it for a regular sale?
Well, buying final sale in suitsupply is very risky because of Inconsistent fits. So they tweak a retarded system by penalizing the customer. Hmm...
Kind of glad I was left out of this outlet being in Canada. Spent way too much during the last one anyways. :p

MajorDash

Reaction score
While we are talking about buying/selling things...

I am looking for this Jort Merano or similar Merano coats in a 40/42R. Let me know if anyone has one for sale.
1606798060996.png

EthansAlley

Reaction score
Small trivia, if you return in the shop, the sales rep that processes the returns will take the hit on his account. Which means if you return 1000 Euros worth of stuff and he sold 500 that day, he will end up with -500

In simple terms, you screw their KPI :p
@Noblekostas Wait a sec... So a Suitsupply sales rep. cannot earn a commission for online Outlet sales, but processing a return from the Outlet can reduce their commission?! Doesn’t seem like a fair system.

EthansAlley

Reaction score
what does everyone suggest as the best way to sell the items from the outlet that didn't work out? i'm willing to sell it at cost (factoring in tax and shipping)
@ScofieldReturns eBay is the best. Suitsupply moves faster on eBay than the other platforms. I’ve sold several Suitsupply items on eBay, Grailed, and Poshmark, but I’ve gotten the fastest sales, highest dollar, and most interest on eBay.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Noblekostas Wait a sec... So a Suitsupply sales rep. cannot earn a commission for online Outlet sales, but processing a return from the Outlet can reduce their commission?! Doesn’t seem like a fair system.
They do earn commissions in the USA. To be fair, we were paid monthly in Stockholm and it was a good salary. I earned 3500-3800$ per month before taxes, higher than my engineering job with a master and 3 languages...
M

EUtroll

Reaction score
So tried to buy a last item that appeared yesterday, but after paying I get a notice that the order was canceled but that my order is under processing. The money was taken from my card but no mail from SS... Hmm....

Frigcatcher01

Reaction score
They do earn commissions in the USA. To be fair, we were paid monthly in Stockholm and it was a good salary. I earned 3500-3800$ per month before taxes, higher than my engineering job with a master and 3 languages...
M

Is this a normal salary for those type of jobs in Stockholm ?
Or did they ask for some type of certificate etc. ?

Because I would have guessed that the people working there wouldn't make more than 2000!

Guess I should drop out :p

OldTown

Reaction score
Is this a normal salary for those type of jobs in Stockholm ?
Or did they ask for some type of certificate etc. ?

Because I would have guessed that the people working there wouldn't make more than 2000!

Guess I should drop out :p
You have to factor in that Sweden has some of the highest taxes in the world which is probably why the income was so high to begin with.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have to factor in that Sweden has some of the highest taxes in the world which is probably why the income was so high to begin with.
Making more than a master's degree water engineer? Right. The reason for this was mostly the ungodly overtime hours. Taxes here are fine. 2700-2800$ gross is more than enough for a good life.

Edit: They hired me as part time, then made me work full time + and I also didn't get the benefits of full-timers. The "boss" also wrote on the termination letter of another female employee that she is "resigning" instead. Small stories from every day life :)

Zerase

Reaction score
Not to derail the thread but taxes in Sweden are draconic.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to derail the thread but taxes in Sweden are draconic.
I am fine with them, though I was ready to move my company to Prague 🤣 it becomes ridiculous after a certain yearly amount. It’s not worth earning more than 4-4.5k here per month. Back to the thread though in a way it’s relevant to SuSu

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.