• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzthief

Reaction score
The Traveller fabric is dreadful: too light, very prone to wrinkling, awful drape, cannot be lined. Steer clear of this heinous marketing ploy.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own a Traveller suit? I purchased the Navy Blue Single and Double breasted suits on 3/11/19 and both suits are ripping at the seams under the arm pits. Has anyone had this issue? Do you think Suitsupply would do something about it?
How much have you worn it? Worth taking it to the shop and ask. Never had such an issue though.

gld edmond

Reaction score
The Traveller fabric is dreadful: too light, very prone to wrinkling, awful drape, cannot be lined. Steer clear of this heinous marketing ploy.
I have a traveller blazer that I really wear hard, had it about four months, almost never shows any wrinkles, at least that is my experience

Baked Potato

Reaction score
Last time I was at SuSu, a wider lapel and lower buttoning point was not possible in custom made. Lapel wise, you could only choose between their three options (narrow, regular, wide). The wide one is comically wide. They did mention that the lapel width increses when choosing 2.5 button configuration but haven‘t tried it out yet.

I remember that it was possible to lower the button stance when they still used Munro as their MtM supplier. Haven't ordered a jacket since then. You sure it isn't possible? Perhaps it differs between "regular" custom made and "Custom Made from Scratch".

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
I remember that it was possible to lower the button stance when they still used Munro as their MtM supplier. Haven't ordered a jacket since then. You sure it isn't possible? Perhaps it differs between "regular" custom made and "Custom Made from Scratch".
You can still do it in CM from Scratch, but not on any of the standard models in "normal CM"

Jazzthief

Reaction score
I have a traveller blazer that I really wear hard, had it about four months, almost never shows any wrinkles, at least that is my experience

That is interesting! Do you have the fabric number or could you perhaps link the jacket (if it still is on their site)?

gld edmond

Reaction score
That is interesting! Do you have the fabric number or could you perhaps link the jacket (if it still is on their site)?
The fabric is 2080.2-143, not sure they still have this in dark grey (mine), looks like they have a mid grey version on site

archipel

Reaction score
I've seen some SuSu items made from like 60% camel, and I've seen coats made from it.

Yes, I have a camel wool coat from SuSu. But a 100% camel wool suit is something I haven't seen before (except bespoke) and the price is not even that high.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have a camel wool coat from SuSu. But a 100% camel wool suit is something I haven't seen before (except bespoke) and the price is not even that high.

Not from SS and not a full suit, but S&M did a camel jacket a couple years back. It was a F/W weight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads