• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

caschta

Reaction score
For me, the bold fabric of a solaro needs a kind of bold stylistic statement of the garment. The jacket doesn't provide it imho. It's very subtle and smooth. I would say either peak lapels (single or double) or a pleated shoulder would have given more of a statement corresponding to the fabric.

Davidos

Reaction score
I don’t agree, I think it looks great with more “casual” details like patch pockets.
The only thing I would like to change is the color of the buttons.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I don’t agree, I think it looks great with more “casual” details like patch pockets.
The only thing I would like to change is the color of the buttons.
I agree very much, the only thing i considered was double breasted. I wouldn't bother with a lapel or other style pockets. As for the buttons, to be fair I don't thing too much about either. I could change them to something lighter.

ifelix

Reaction score
I agree very much, the only thing i considered was double breasted. I wouldn't bother with a lapel or other style pockets. As for the buttons, to be fair I don't thing too much about either. I could change them to something lighter.
FWIW, the dark buttons actually look nice with your dark brown shoes.

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you all think of the fit of this jacket (Lazio fit)? Any alterations suggestions? I'll very much appreciate it!
If it were me, I would go with a longer size. I think, that Lazio being a slim cut and going for a shorter jacket, misplaces where the waist should be making it look like if it were tight (because is higher from where the waist is) when it's not tight. I think the a longer jacket, the waist will fall where it should be and being more appealing to your body.

ifelix

Reaction score
If it were me, I would go with a longer size. I think, that Lazio being a slim cut and going for a shorter jacket, misplaces where the waist should be making it look like if it were tight (because is higher from where the waist is) when it's not tight. I think the a longer jacket, the waist will fall where it should be and being more appealing to your body.
Excellent point. Thank you! You're right, it feels/looks tight around the waist, but it really isn't. I could try the Washington fit, with a slightly longer size.

Marc S

Reaction score
Excellent point. Thank you! You're right, it feels/looks tight around the waist, but it really isn't. I could try the Washington fit, with a slightly longer size.
Washingtons do come with a lower button stance and longer jacket so that would be a good place to go IF you like the structured shoulder.

However Custom Made would also be a good option if you can wait. They start with the La Spalla fit which I believe is identical or nearly identical to the Lazio. Mine was lengthened slightly and button stance lowered slightly.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Washingtons do come with a lower button stance and longer jacket so that would be a good place to go IF you like the structured shoulder.

However Custom Made would also be a good option if you can wait. They start with the La Spalla fit which I believe is identical or nearly identical to the Lazio. Mine was lengthened slightly and button stance lowered slightly.
Second this. And I finally found some proper pants from them, the brentwood has a higher rise

ifelix

Reaction score
Thank you to all of you!!

What size did you went in the Lazio?
It’s 34R on the Lazio.

Custom made is an interesting option. Go to the store and use this as a starting point for a custom made? I’m in no extreme rush, so that would certainly work.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.