• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pomor

Reaction score
I doubt very seriously there’s going to be another outlet in July. I believe the July outlet was just held earlier this year. Doubt they even have enough inventory for yet another one.

They ALWAYS have inventory — individual stores’ inventory IS the inventory. Do you not realize they are sitting on PILES of unsold stuff? How would I know? Suitsupply is not a Just-in-time company. With the pandemic and stores closed for weeks they should have WAY MORE inventory than in previous years.

We just need a permanent insider here who would have told us a couple of weeks ago if the stores had been asked to send inventory to the warehouses in New Jersey and the home base back in Holland as per usual before any outlet opens.

Also, don’t trust any SS representatives on this issue — they either have the wrong info or are told to not disclose or outright to tell the opposite of the actual info.

TheSupplier

Reaction score
They also got a ton of government backed loans as well as additional loans from their investors. I think they are good for now.

pomor

Reaction score
They also got a ton of government backed loans as well as additional loans from their investors. I think they are good for now.

Hmm, see — I don’t even trust you — and you would be the FIRST person I would/should trust on this!

pomor

Reaction score
It was in an article

and the link wasn’t posted here? I though this was a community? Wow.

But seriously, NL government gave them a hand? Not really surprised but they are a clothing company — not an oil/energy company or even an airlines

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and the link wasn’t posted here? I though this was a community? Wow.

But seriously, NL government gave them a hand? Not really surprised but they are a clothing company — not an oil/energy company or even an airlines
Any company could apply for that kind of assistance. The degree of support essentially depends on the quality of the company, not the industry. At least that is how it worked in Finland.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I worked there, and I know how stock works like. They have what they call NOOS. Never out of stock. It’s a list of base items that they need to have in multiple sizes. The more fancy or seasonal stuff doesn’t exist as much as you think, and every season rotates back to the warehouses with a truck. There’s definitely stock for outlets, but more from the items that don’t sell well and remain in stock from the stores. At least in Stockholm.

pomor

Reaction score
Suitsupplier, it’s a mystery to me why you are having such a hard time moving that 3-piece striped blue suit. It‘s very good value for money you are wanting, and I’m hoping this case is not a bellwether situation for things to come.

I mean, I realize it‘s a statement suit, and who would need it NOW of all times, but maybe people are re-prioritizing? Let’s see if someone snatches it before you have to lower the price. I would have bought it long ago but I have a similar one from a few seasons back....

TheSupplier

Reaction score
Not allowed to talk about business but it’s of course not easy right now (like Suitsupply and all clothing retail) due to the pandemic.

Hoping for a second stimulus check in the US.

zewill

Reaction score
lol more of that 'not allowed to talk' to create buzz. Probably you also own the pomor account :D Now im going to browse your selection...
well done!
:D

TheSupplier

Reaction score
lol more of that 'not allowed to talk' to create buzz. Probably you also own the pomor account :D Now im going to browse your selection...
well done!
:D

I’m literally not allowed to say anything!

styleforum management said so! No hidden agendas or anything. I need to pay for a merchant account first (which i am considering but that’s another topic)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads