1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

2. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

If any OTR jacket fit me like that, I'd never ever ever go MTM. Lucky. I read your review a long time ago, which is what got me in to SS. Unfortunately, their SC's don't fit me the way I'd want.. I was so sad.

3. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

It's not draping very well through the body which means to me that it's tight. You also have some major collar gap going on. But I don't feel like the shoulders are too bad width-wise. The pants are probably unhemmed which is why the are long. Probably should try the next size up but you still might have the gap, and the arms could be too long.

4. CousinDonuts

Let me know how you feel about it being close enough. I'm about to order a pair of knock-around Herring brown suede and will also need a belt.

5. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Yussir. SS is limited on sizes. I'm sizing down one. I believe belts should hit the 3rd notch. This one will be hitting the second. Boo hoo.

6. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

I have that belt. Not impressed. The suede is plasticky and the buckle feels like it's from the dollar store. Save the money and invest it towards a suede Carmina belt.

7. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

[​IMG]

8. CousinDonuts

but how often are you looking at your belt? Is it so bad that people look at you funny?

just askin........................................................................

9. Kroaker

Kroaker Senior member

Life it too short to wear bad belts [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

When it comes to suitsupply, I'd stay away from anything that's not a suit. Their linen ties are ok, but everything else is subpar for the price.

11. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I want my belt to last. I'll pay $146 for the Carmina belt from Skoak. Hopefully he can hold it until my shoes get there.

I will forever kick my own ass that I didn't get one when Epaulet was selling them for dirt cheap. They had my size. FUCK.

12. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

i have that belt. i like it. its a belt.

1 person likes this.
  13. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Have you tried Equus belts? Totally bespoke yet pretty inexpensive and excellent quality. I only have one of theirs, but when my other (more expensive) belts from various fashion brands like Zegna, Lanvin, Ferragamo, etc wear out, I'll be replacing them with Equus too. I think they're an SF affiliate as well.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  14. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I love it when people suggest affiliate vendors.

Looking in to them now. Thanks HF!

15. Kroaker

Kroaker Senior member

I'll second Equus. Lovely belts, got two of them myself.

16. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

For equus sake, let's move this to their forum. I posted a question there.

Thanks guys!! Will probably order tonight.

17. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Ive only gotten two suits from SS and a bunch of dress shirts...the suits have held up well after over a year of wear or use..the shirts have held up okay. I always have to take in the sides a lot..the only thing with their dress shirts that drive me up the wall is that they shrink, just a little after every dry cleaning. My arm length is a 38.5 so I need every bit of length I can get on a dress shirt so that really rocks my nerves.. I dont know if it is a quality thing or dry cleaner thing..oh well..I like the dress shirts as well because they make size-able collars..most RTW shirt makers these days make some small collars built for skinny to medium ties..

18. Stix

Stix New Member

Thanks heaps for your feedback. The 46 is now hanging in my closet with newly hemmed pants and slightly altered waistband. I felt that the lenght of the 46 was more in proportion with my legs while still being an acceptable lenght.
    Yes, Tony, that's the one. It probably looks a bit darker due to artificial lighting and that the pictures were taken with a camera phone. Here's a picture taken outside in daylight.

[​IMG]

19. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

Has anyone gotten their F/W orders in yet?

20. CousinDonuts

I bought a banana republic belt on sale for like $25 10 years ago. I wear it
    1-3 times per week and it looks nearly new.