• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

hschrapel

Reaction score
did you do the start from scratch for the trousers? Did you just select the reverse pleats and they sent you the Braddon fit?
This order was placed a month ago, and it was strictly online. At that point in time, their online Custom Made had near-to-no options, it was essentially: 1. Select a fabric 2. Select a style 3. Select a size.

So to answer your question, I literally chose a Braddon fit.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Received the discounted poule di pile (or whatever) suit today with the extra trousers. Must say, the fabric isn't that bad at all - essentially, it's a seersucker. Went with the pleated havana jacket and the braddon trousers (double reverse pleats). I sized up to a 50 (40US) and even then, the trousers are just a bit too snug on the thighs and in turn, don't hold the pleat well.

I'll be going this afternoon to pick my final MTM commission, and see what they suggest to do. None the less, for 1.2k SEK, its a steal and I think I'll hold onto it.
Nicely done!

And, you know, I may send SuitSupply a (polite, of course) email saying that I am disappointed that they didn't treatall their customers equally with the cancellations. They are a business and need to make money--so I understand the cancellation--but I do want to register disappointment.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Nicely done!

And, you know, I may send SuitSupply a (polite, of course) email saying that I am disappointed that they didn't treatall their customers equally with the cancellations. They are a business and need to make money--so I understand the cancellation--but I do want to register disappointment.
To be fair though, you got around like $50 USD for free right? We both came out winners, no need to sob to them about it.

nevaeh

Reaction score
To be fair though, you got around like $50 USD for free right? We both came out winners, no need to sob to them about it.
No, I did not get $50. It was $25. And it's certainly not free--I spent not insignificant time ordering something I did not get. I appreciate the $25 as a gesture of goodwill, but it's not free.

And sob is not the proper verb here. It's giving feedback to a company that I care about on what I value.

hschrapel

Reaction score
No, I did not get $50. It was $25. And it's certainly not free--I spent not insignificant time ordering something I did not get. I appreciate the $25 as a gesture of goodwill, but it's not free.

And sob is not the proper verb here. It's giving feedback to a company that I care about on what I value.
I could have sworn everyone was getting ~$50 USD, to the point where I was jealous, as I would have preferred my money back and some extra to go towards a MTM shirt.

And yeah, you're right. I guess it's not entirely fair that some of us (as far as I know, just me so far) have had their orders fulfilled, but the vast majority had theirs cancelled.

japejapejape

Reaction score
This order was placed a month ago, and it was strictly online. At that point in time, their online Custom Made had near-to-no options, it was essentially: 1. Select a fabric 2. Select a style 3. Select a size.

So to answer your question, I literally chose a Braddon fit.
Thanks. Glad you got to take advantage of the price

nevaeh

Reaction score
I could have sworn everyone was getting ~$50 USD, to the point where I was jealous, as I would have preferred my money back and some extra to go towards a MTM shirt.
Not me. And, entirely honestly, I am debating whether I will ever use the $25 or not as a matter of principle. Because I purchased a suit, and not a $25 gift card. That's, of course, not a statement against folks who will use their gift cards; this is personal debate I'm going through.

But I am super glad someone here got it! I'll live vicariously through you! :)

Zerase

Reaction score
I just want to know why some got to keep their purchase and some others didn't. Was it when i was purchased, was it because of the fabric or model chosen or any other parameter.

Zerase

Reaction score
I got 550SEK, roughly 60 USD for two suits

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.