1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

^
    I have had a problem with returns as well. SuitSupply owes me $5.

2. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

returns are within 30 and the actual refund is 10 days from receipt.... they said they've received it but apparently there's a disconnect between their accounting team and their warehouse team :\

3. Kroaker

Kroaker Senior member

I can honestly say I've never had this issue. I've always been refunded within 12 days.

4. emiristol

emiristol Senior member

5. Ironballs

Ironballs Senior member

The material listed on their F/W 2013 navy Copenhagen (http://eu.suitsupply.com/jackets/ja...C696,en,pd.html?start=2&cgid=Pre-Order&pmin=1) indicates some sort of a 'wool blend' material, but I can't find anywhere what this material is. The description mentions cotton but doesn't do it explicitly, similar items from past F/W lineups indicate that this could be a wool/cotton blend. Does anyone know what the material actually is? Mailed them over a week ago about it, to no avail. I would be horrified if it were a wool/synthetic blend.

6. timotune

timotune Senior member

I really hope they do not start using poly...

7. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Senior member

They have. Someone from the German Stilmagazin-Forum wrote to Suitsupply asking for details regarding the material of this coat: http://us.suitsupply.com/coats/brow...r&pmin=1&prefn1=collection&prefv1=Fall/Winter

The answer he got was (as far as I can remember): 75% wool, 20% polyX (can't remember what exactly it was) and 5% other, which were not further specified, apparently since these 5% are made up by quite a few other materials each taking only a very small part in these 5%.

(I would post the original answer if the Stilmagazin-Forum wasn't down at the moment, sorry.)

8. timotune

timotune Senior member

Thanks for the information
    That's really disappointing. Seems the quality is really going down with every new collection.

9. sliq

sliq Senior member

shoutout to Keal19 (and paparubbery) for hooking a brother up with a flannel trackstripe suit.

10. Ironballs

Ironballs Senior member

I called them directly and asked. The answer is for this jacket http://eu.suitsupply.com/jackets/ja...C696,en,pd.html?start=2&cgid=Pre-Order&pmin=1, it's 80% wool and 20% nylon. Nylon!? What the hell were they thinking? If they wanted durability, why not use cotton?

EDIT: correct jacket mention

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  11. itraxx

itraxx Senior member

I have a voucher code for SuitSupply worth £300. If anyone is interested in purchasing it for a discounted price, please PM me.

12. jko

jko Senior member

And the prices are going up.

However, we're talking about an overcoat here, where nylon is not totally unheard of. It increases durability, way more than cotton does. A 100% cashmere overcoat might feel nice but it's not very practical durability wise, and actually not that warm either.

13. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Given the new quality development, I'll give you 100....US.

14. TM79

TM79 Senior member

I'll give 105.

15. Ironballs

Ironballs Senior member

I'm not sure what you're referring to -- although I forgot to be explicit about it, that's an error on my part.

The 80/20 wool-nylon is the new navy Copenhagen they introduced in their 2013 line-up: http://eu.suitsupply.com/jackets/ja...C696,en,pd.html?start=2&cgid=Pre-Order&pmin=1. This is what I called them for.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  16. ImJK

ImJK Member

Really disappointed to hear that they are going down in quality... Suit supply was the top contender for my new suit as I am looking for one under $500 that has moderate lapels like the London fit. I am a tall and slim guy and thought that it might be a good fit, was planning on making a trip into NYC soon.

I may still go for it if it's a good fit though, does anyone know if they ever have any sales? I do not see any information about it on their website. Also if you anyone could recommend some similar suits in the price range, that would be great.

17. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Didn't someone else on here have a poly Copenhagen as well? I think it's limited to the Copenhagen, which doesn't matter, seen as they're crap anyway. Just check the label of your jacket before you buy it, as it states the fabrics. Problem solved.

18. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I'm not going to write off the whole company because a few one off casual jackets are not 100% wool or cotton. I don't think the majority of SF is buying the Copenhagen anyway, we all seem to be Napoli, Sienna, London, Lazio, and Soho people.

3 people like this.
  19. lierre

lierre Well-Known Member

What about the new suits that say "Pure Wool" but don't have a number like 110/120/130 next to them? ls that a bad sign as well?

20. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

Pretty disappointed in the blazer price. Also, is it common practice to bill you for something before actually shipping it out?