1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Jeffijers

Jeffijers Member

where are the sales you are speaking of??

2. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

filter by jackets and then price. there's a number of jackets selling for $150

3. lierre

lierre Well-Known Member

4. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Get the Soho, it'll look fine on you. You'll regret buying the buying the boston.

1 person likes this.
  5. plainnerd

plainnerd Well-Known Member

Was leaning towards the Soho, so that's good enough for me.

6. BenMurphy

BenMurphy Well-Known Member

^^ agreed. As a skinny guy I can attest that the soho will look good. It's one of the only fits that I didn't have to size down in

7. badsha

badsha Senior member

Anyone have shoulder measurements on the SOHO?

8. plainnerd

plainnerd Well-Known Member

I just assumed it was the same as the full suit, so if you check out the size adviser for the suit it gives you more measurements than the jacket one.

9. bearsfan172

bearsfan172 Senior member

It's very interesting that you say that, because I thought the exact same thing. Then I tried on the Sienna I ordered for a few of my friends and each of them (separately) said "what's up with that extra pocket?" I doubt it's the end of the world, but I'm at an entry level and don't want to raise any eyebrows, or even risk it.

I rethought my London blue plain that I have and I think I am going to send it back. The fit is exactly what I'm looking for, but I think the navy is just too dark (it almost looks black in some light). I wish they made a slightly lighter navy or a medium to dark grey in the London

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  10. astrocyte

astrocyte Well-Known Member

Suitsupply says the Sienna fabrics work best for "occasional wearing." Does anyone know what this means? Twice per week? Twice per month? Twice per year? Has anyone worn through the seat of their pants yet?

11. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

that was my issue with it too. i LOVED the cut and it fit me great but the color was just too dark. really unfortunate there arent more colors in the london cut. i was told by my SA that they are getting more.

12. bearsfan172

bearsfan172 Senior member

What did you end up getting instead? (if anything). And I guess I'll wait for a bit, although I probably need to have something by September 1 or so

13. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

i was buying a tux for my wedding.

i had read through this thread that the london had a lower buttoning point so when i was in the store shopping i checked it out as well.

my brothers were getting suits and both went with napolis.

14. NickInTO

NickInTO Senior member

Hey guys - I've been looking for a double breasted SC for a bit, and I've been following this thread. I don't have any experience with Suit Supply, since they haven't yet opened a store in the backwaters of Canada. Anyone have any experience with the Soho blue plain cotton/linen DB blazer? Is $149 the regular price or is that discounted? I'll be in NYC in a month, so my preference would be to wait and try it on in person (I'm tough to fit OTR). But if that's a limited-time deal, I'd look to order it online. Cheers.

15. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

I ordered one of their cheaper dress shirts just to see how they are quality wise for the price. Obviously I doubt they will be the same as my beloved Borelli's but still interested in seeing how they are.

On second thought, thoughts on a fall/rain jacket? Do I go with the trench coat, or the other jacket?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Their dress shirts are seriously not worth the full price, so many better options. For 25 euros on sale though? Yes!

17. Magnicusser

Magnicusser Member

I'm wondering if you would recommend the suitsupply trousers? What's the quality like? I'm looking for some slimfit trousers with a narrower hem width...

18. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I think the Sienna has a slightly thinner fabric, with a higher S number, and may wear out faster than the more workhorse fabrics like the Napoli has. Probably just don't wear it weekly.

$149 is the discount price. I think they were $399 before.

First one looks like it could be worn to work, second is casual only.

Trousers are the same as the suits, and we obviously have bought a few of those.

19. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

ugh, i'm having an absolute horrid time with suitsupply giving me $$ back on refunded orders... does it always take them 10+ days to process a refund?

I have something that I was promised a refund on almost 2 months ago. I've called twice and have an e-mail confirmation that my product was to be refunded to me within 10 business days.
    It's well past that mark and I have not received a refund for my order yet. What is going on????

So much stress... anything I can do other than issue a chargeback?

20. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I thought refunds were within 28 days?