• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kevinyapjoco

Reaction score
I'm planning to get the Blue Linen Havana. Not sure whether I should get 42 or 44. I can't visit the store to try it on because I don't live in the US. I fit 42 in Massimo Dutti's suit jackets and 44 in their sport coats. I'm 5'9" tall and 190 lbs with broad shoulders. What size is recommended?

Syeknom

Reaction score
I'm planning to get the Blue Linen Havana. Not sure whether I should get 42 or 44. I can't visit the store to try it on because I don't live in the US. I fit 42 in Massimo Dutti's suit jackets and 44 in their sport coats. I'm 5'9" tall and 190 lbs with broad shoulders. What size is recommended?

Havanas tend to be on the tighter side so sizing up could work. However it's worth checking the Size Advisor tab on the Suitsupply site where it lists the measurements for each size in that model.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They run small. Try a 44 first. You can always exchange for a 42 if you need to.

TheKongoEmpire

Reaction score
Why does the Washington have to have peak lapels?
baldy[1].gif

insideman

Reaction score
Got a sienna altered recently. Had to lengthen the sleeves quite a bit--so much so that theres about 2 inches between the sleeve and the first button. Thoughts on adding a 5th button to take up some of that space?

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the pockets on the Soho model have flaps that can be pulled out or are they just jetted?

Last edited:

Syeknom

Reaction score
I assumed they'd be flaps but they're actually jetted without flaps.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a sienna altered recently. Had to lengthen the sleeves quite a bit--so much so that theres about 2 inches between the sleeve and the first button. Thoughts on adding a 5th button to take up some of that space?

I always have to add a 5th button being that Im usually lengthening the sleeves about an 1.5 inches. No one really notices. You will be fine if you decide to do that IMO.

Rankiz

Reaction score
Suitssupply have some nice summer jackets, but problem is that I can't make their sizing to make sense... Generally use size 38 but their jackets seems way to shorten, don't they? Just click on the link and see the measurements yourself.

Navy quilted jacket

Navy summer coat

Blue summer coat

Last edited:

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Just got my first order from suit supply. Three suits (navy, dark grey, and light grey). Quite happy with the quality and fit out of the box. But when I pulled out the third suit I noticed this:

Is it just me, or are the pants with the dark grey suit a noticeably lighter shade than the jacket? The pants almost seem to be a mid-grey...

Edit: I just checked the fabric codes, and they are different. Sigh... looks like I'll need to do an exchange.

Last edited:

R D K

Reaction score
Okay this might be a dumb question, but why are the suits in the outlet store in Roermond 'outlet'?
Is it just old stock, or is there something wrong with the suits, damage or something else?
I'm getting my first suit very soon and Roermond is only an hours drive from where I live, so I definately think it's worth the trip if the suits they sell in the outlet are good, getting a suit for 149-200 that would normally cost me 300 would be great, I could spend the rest of the money on getting it tailored better.

bmathe02

Reaction score

What's the verdict on making minor adjustments to sleeve length when you have surgeon cuffs? I tried a 40R Napoli and the sleeves are about 0.75 inches too short. Is this tailorable without messing with the shoulder?

Suit supply charges 28$ to lengthen the sleeves and .75in is the max with working cuffs.

bmathe02

Reaction score

I have been able to get an inch and a half out of the sleeves in terms of making them longer on both the Napoli suits I own.

Did you add another button to the sleeve? I think if no button added the proportion looks off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads