1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. timotune

timotune Senior member

2. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

^^ Oddly that one isn't available for pre-order in Canada. Too bad. I quite like that one.

3. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

What do you guys think of Madison cut? What's the difference between that and the soho?

4. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

5. bearback

bearback Member

yjeezle, not sure why you're not finding it but i clicked on your link and was able to find a 36S and was not grayed out.

FYI, not sure if their sizing is a bit different but my chest measures 38 but they fit me in a 36S in the Napoli cut based on my shoulders. It fit great, including the chest. Maybe I have narrow shoulders? That same day I went to BB and tried on a 38S 1818 Milano (always been 38S) and it fit me well. Asked to try a 36S and it was way too small.

6. bearback

bearback Member

anyone else curious why they sell cargo pants and even suggest pairing jackets with cargo pants in some of their models?

are they trying to bring cargos into style??

7. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Because its been a trend for awhile now. SS has many great pieces and a lot of lame #menswear stuff too.
    They're not where you shop if you are fuddy duddy low armhole wearing conservative type (thats not fair they do have conservative stuff, but the whole concept of suit supply is to push the envelope with regard to pairing unorthodox pieces, etc). It's not about whether it's wrong or not.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. g-banger

g-banger Senior member

wohoo - my suit supply jacket has arrived. So impressed with the speed and packaging of the jackets.

Can i grab your opinion on the fit - below is the 36R

I also got the 38R, the 36R feels a lot more fitted but still comfortable.

this is my first proper jacket not apart of a suit and would love to have it as a staple piece in my wardrobe.

thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. CrimsonSox

CrimsonSox Senior member

How does SuitSupply compare in comfort, quality, and fit to PRL (half canvassed) and RLBL, Paul Stuart, or Samuelsohn (full canvas)?

10. The Gold Bug

The Gold Bug Well-Known Member

Some items off the F/W collection are looking pretty nice but it's a shame all the odd jackets are basically contemporary fits.

I would've loved them to come up with an odd jacket Sienna or La Spalla...

11. BenMurphy

BenMurphy Well-Known Member

I think there's more stuff coming, I was hoping for some different options as well (there are some confusing things like other fabrics of items in the pre-sale that are not currently available).

Unrelated..
    A couple items, like these two

http://us.suitsupply.com/jackets/ja...99/C699,en_US,pd.html?start=20&cgid=Pre-Order
    http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit.../P3714I,en_US,pd.html?start=19&cgid=Pre-Order

seem to be really close in texture to a flannel, but there's no mention of it in the description of the item. Is it just a similar type of weave or do they not think thats relevant information? Or am I just completely wrong?

12. The Gold Bug

The Gold Bug Well-Known Member

I don't think either of them are flannel.

The first one is probably a wool/polyamide blend, which would explain the fuzziness and the absence of reference to flannel.

The second doesn't look like flannel from the close up.

13. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

I'm really digging all the Havana odd jackets for this years F/W collection. Some of the suiting is pretty great, but I'll be all over the odd jackets like a rash!

1 person likes this.
  14. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Wool/polyamide? That's a bit of a let down. I thought they only used premium fabrics.

15. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I emailed this question about the greay lazio to customer service yesterday. Their response was still bland: "It definitely uses a heavier wool and is more suited for the fall/winter."

Looks like shoulders and chest fit fine. Maybe a touch of bowing in the lapels but that could be from holding your arm up. Same trendy short-ness as the other Regular length Havana's.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  16. Displacement

Displacement Senior member

Something from their Fall lineup is better suited for Fall? Wow, great job customer service. I have called a couple times and have found their reps to be about as knowledgeable as your average Jos A Bank rep.

17. Miklas

Miklas Member

I got it now, talk about quick delivery! I ordered last night around 8 and it showed up at my doorstep at noon today.

The fabric rocks and it´s a perfect autumn suit. It needs to have the legs shortened a bit and the sleeves shortened 1-2 cm and that´s it. I´ll post some pics when it´s back from the tailor.

18. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

i actually really like their contemporary lineup... (i have a short torso / long legs), but i wish they had some basic staple suits in the havana fit...

do you think any of the jackets from F/W are suitable for all seasons (minus summer)?

19. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Fit is dependent on your build and the exact models you compare, so I'm not sure you're going to get a clear cut answer to that.

Being in the UK, I'm not familiar with Paul Stuart of Samuelsohn's wares, but I would say that the mid-point of fabric quality range of both Polo and Black Label is higher than SS (esp. Polo, which can have some really nice fabrics). SS construction generally seems more straightforward too, although of a perfectly acceptable quality. However, these differences are more than reflected in the price, making SS an excellent value proposition if you're happy enough with its quality (especially true if comparing price to non-sale RL). If you place a particularly high value on higher-end luxury cloths, you may not find enough of what you like in SS. I suggest visiting a SS shop & having a good look round to get a feel for the range yourself, but that's my vibe.

3 people like this.