• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kithking23

Reaction score
They definitely have some items that have been altered. Finally received one of the jort trousers in grey in a 40S,but the waist was a 42” with a 32 inseam. If anyone is interested in it pm me,otherwise I’ll return them for a refund.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of the items didn’t ship from EU.

the blue DB madisons shipped from NJ. I paid attention to this since I was wondering if they were withholding some stock in the NL warehouse. I had been looking for the entire Sku for quite sometime.

i think the stock was split between US and EU.
The prices for the USA outlet were high this time though the selection was decent. The EU outlet was poor even though there were more shirts

TheSupplier

Reaction score
The prices for the USA outlet were high this time though the selection was decent. The EU outlet was poor even though there were more shirts

Yeah the days of the cheap outlet are over. I thought they were done raising it but I guess I was wrong!

q1445

Reaction score
Yeah the days of the cheap outlet are over. I thought they were done raising it but I guess I was wrong!

The $199 suits, $20 shirts and $10 ties, were too good of deals to last. I doubt those prices will return, but someone else will step in eventually with great suits and great deals. It’s just a matter of time.

osw880

Reaction score
Buying $799 cashmere sportscoat for $299 was not at all this time. But I do agree that outlet prices increased over the past few years...

Kamil1987

Reaction score
Couple of info:
Both mens' ans womens' clothes shipped to me from the Netherlands (so no common US stock for EU).

I found this outlet (my second in EU, and third in total) to be very decent. Lots of shirts for 29€, Jort shirts for 49-69€, Jort cashmere polo for 69€, Jort odd jackets for 199€, nice classic coats for 259 if I recall correctly. To me It was worth not buying anything for Black Friday elsewhere and keep cash for SuSu. Especially this year I spoiled my wife with Alpaca coat, Wool/Mohair jacket and merino sweater.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The base cost of many items has increased over the years so it stands to reason the outlet prices would also increase.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overall I think we desperately need another Suitsupply-like company in the Europe. Their items have started to look too much fashion forward for me lately. I realize there are still plenty of suits and jackets to be found at decent prices, but most of the items there appears to be aiming the fashion buyers in early to late 20's.

Boggi Milano might be a healthy alternative, but they prices are consistent with Suitsupply only at their seasonal sale. So, Boggi is at least 30% more expensive compared to the SS in general..

Would like to hear some of the alternatives you guys have found .. (For Europe) .. US has the Spier and Mackay

hschrapel

Reaction score
Overall I think we desperately need another Suitsupply-like company in the Europe. Their items have started to look too much fashion forward for me lately. I realize there are still plenty of suits and jackets to be found at decent prices, but most of the items there appears to be aiming the fashion buyers in early to late 20's.

Boggi Milano might be a healthy alternative, but they prices are consistent with Suitsupply only at their seasonal sale. So, Boggi is at least 30% more expensive compared to the SS in general..

Would like to hear some of the alternatives you guys have found .. (For Europe) .. US has the Spier and Mackay
Big fan of S&M in the states, but the import taxes I've had to pay really start to hurt the bank. I assume with enough demand, S&M will eventually open shop in the EU, but I just hope it's sooner rather than later

caschta

Reaction score
I agree.
It bugs me that they are the only brand in this price range that offers good quality, but at the same time being very "slow" to adapt to the menswear market, staying more on the modern-ish fashion style side. Boggi and Piniparma both don't offer long-sized, so with 186cm I'm way too tall for their really nice products. Especially piniparma looks fantastic.

The button stance is a tad too high, the normal lapels are a tad too narrow (the pleated havana is nice but it always features a patch breat pocket), the shoulders don't match with the right fit (i.e. the Sienna has spalla camica but has ticket pocket and is designed for luxurious suits, not sportcoats, washington always has structured shoulders, lazio has no interesting details), their trousers are nice but mostly features low rise and very slim fits etc.
The custom made programm doesn't offer half lined, the shirt fit is slim at the chest but very boxy everywhere else, and custom made is useless since you can't adjust alterations beforehand...I'm getting mad just thinking about it.

S&M does all of those things right, in my opinion. I importet one Sportcoat and I think it's not the last one. A sale sportcoat for 280$ is roughly around what a decent havana sportcoat costs retail at suitsupply. (330€)

Last edited:

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Piniparma

Thanks for bringing this up! I wasn't aware of it. Some nice suits there, though the prices are tough. Do we have more alternative brand names other than Boggi and Piniparma for now?

Sellidor

Reaction score
I've also been looking for an alternative to Suit Supply in Europe, but it's not so easy. Pini Parma is nice but their jackets are quite short (I'm 182 cm), expensive, and with a relatively high buttoning stance, so I still prefer SS. PP's trousers seem pretty good though.

If you find SS's normal lapels too narrow, why not try the "Havana wide lapel"? It doesn't have a patch breast pocket. I like the Braddon fit for SS trousers (higher rise with side adjusters).

Lopez Aragon might be a good alternative, but they're online only and figuring out one's size seems tricky.

For trousers, I also like Scavini (based in Paris).

caschta

Reaction score
The "wide lapel" havana I own is nice but too extreme, because of the belly-roll, not the maximum width. It looks good now but it's too much for a more durable look, imho.

The braddon is nice but not offered yet in custom made and rtw is limited.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads