• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Took out the three piece for a spin on Thursday for an event.

84982177-65F8-45BE-A92B-A18771E294C1.jpeg

1052C8BF-1A9F-4648-B626-A652D63F4F08.jpeg

C687169F-5332-4F38-B89E-21A4716310A0.jpeg

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very slick! I have a question about 3-piece suits: Do you every button up the jacket? My jackets all fit so close that they’d be tight with waistcoats under them.

If mine is a three piece, I always tailor the jacket with the vest underneath. If you cant tailor it with the vest underneath then I'd either size up or take out if there is enough space... I feel if you cant button a three piece with the vest underneath then the jacket is too snug or small..Also keep in mind I always wear braces which requires extra space in addition to the waist coat..

pomor

Reaction score
Questions for long-timers:

1. This thread started in 2011 when the first US store opened. Was one able to buy Suitsupply online in the US prior?

2. Does Suitsupply sign 5 or 10 year leases? Have any locations ever been closed at this point?

3. To my knowledge, the US online outlet has happened twice per year in the US since the beginning (?) without fail (?). It is the European and especially the Canadian outlet that doesn’t always happen. True or false?

kithking23

Reaction score
Questions for long-timers:

1. This thread started in 2011 when the first US store opened. Was one able to buy Suitsupply online in the US prior?

2. Does Suitsupply sign 5 or 10 year leases? Have any locations ever been closed at this point?

3. To my knowledge, the US online outlet has happened twice per year in the US since the beginning (?) without fail (?). It is the European and especially the Canadian outlet that doesn’t always happen. True or false?
True

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very slick! I have a question about 3-piece suits: Do you every button up the jacket? My jackets all fit so close that they’d be tight with waistcoats under them.
I usually don’t button it up but I can button it without it looking tight, luckily the Lazio cut fits me perfectly in the waist without any alteration.

zanci

Reaction score
I am between a 38R and 40R. (broad shoulders, tight waist)

Own a 3piece JORT. Had to get the waistcoat altered, much too big, now it fits perfectly.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@TheSupplier

Holy crap that purple alpaca Havana... A bit pricy for me at the moment, but dang. It looks awesome. Is that a piece that might be released this fall/winter?

Eard

Reaction score
The EU outlet does not seemed to be open, guess the next one will be in winter next year? Summer outlet are sometime skipped unfortunately...

caschta

Reaction score
If it's opening today, it won't be before 10am. Last year it was at noon.

TheSupplier

Reaction score
@TheSupplier

Holy crap that purple alpaca Havana... A bit pricy for me at the moment, but dang. It looks awesome. Is that a piece that might be released this fall/winter?

It’s not pricy :)

Yeah it might be released this winter depending on how courageous SS is. I’d be shocked if they drop it though.

I dont think it would sell out. A purple suit would only appeal to a small group of guys. Especially with how much their alpaca suits cost!

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s not pricy :)

Yeah it might be released this winter depending on how courageous SS is. I’d be shocked if they drop it though.

I dont think it would sell out. A purple suit would only appeal to a small group of guys. Especially with how much their alpaca suits cost!

Oh. I agree it isn't pricy in general, but I'm just low on funds at the moment. I've had a lot of anticipated and un-anticipated expenses recently. Maybe I will see if it is still available if/after the outlet happens.

Daraven

Reaction score
Could you comment on what they have in stock? Is it all typically bold, checked suits or could I find a conservative piece or two?

Honestly, it really depends. Especially for sportcoats there are often very bold items, but I also have seen cashmere navy blazers. It seems to me that in the bigger size ranges 40+ there are more conservative pieces, also in long/short sizes. My size (38) has more loud pieces, I think probably because it's a very common size? But that's just my perception from a couple of visits.
My experience has been that you could find anything. Sometimes there is a bunch of nice stuff, sometimes there is absolutely nothing worthwhile. It's a hit and miss.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads