• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlairW

Reaction score
Are you considering the upcoming outlet (if one happens for Canada this summer — who knows any more; even they don’t know until it happens as past events suggest)? This may be our last chance to get stuff we slept on the last few seasons that still fit the way we are used to. Sometimes they dig out stuff from ages ago and then there’s also relatively fresh stuff from literally the previous season. Looking back, I should have gotten those half-off Jorts in staple colors...

Yep, always keep an eye on the outlet. Not many staples in my sizing last few times round tho - all big checks and stripes etc

Houta

Reaction score
On a somewhat related note — I just did a bit of travelling and really watched people in various cities. Whoever suggested the looser fits are in the last couple of seasons — well, the general public has certainly not caught on! In fact, it seems like everyone is wearing tight, tight, tight stuff — even puffer jackets. At least one size too small. Are most jeans now made of 30% spandex?? Very tight fits on everyone with lots of ankle showing. This is both Europe and Stateside
Yeah this is the trend in Europe since couple of years and it’s getting worse by the day! I even got dragged into it a bit without noticing but thankfully I became aware after a couple of bad purchases and I back to normal ‘wide’ sizes now!

pomor

Reaction score
Yeah this is the trend in Europe since couple of years and it’s getting worse by the day! I even got dragged into it a bit without noticing but thankfully I became aware after a couple of bad purchases and I back to normal ‘wide’ sizes now!

Yeah, getting more off-topic, but it was a revelation to me that Lululemon and Forever 21 sell men’s clothes now?? There is a pronounced trend towards unisex clothing...

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can confirm this is the case in the Nordic countries and the Baltics. The bare-ankled masses are coming for us all.

I'm kind of interested in the new Washington as well, although I really don't need another blue suit. The 50L has fit me well historically. It's easily their most flattering silhouette.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on the fit of the Portofino trousers?

pomor

Reaction score
That actually sounds like a cool name for a winter fit.. Except, of course, they are slowly consolidating everything under the Havana umbrella name...

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose I could move to Rovaniemi, but there's not all that much going on up there. I'm pretty sure menswear is not really a thing in Svalbard, but that's a cool name for a winter fit.

BlairW

Reaction score
New Washington notch lapel, pretty happy with it. Not wearing the trousers here, but they are a higher rise than the other SS fits I've got, just need to be hemmed.
IMG_7840.jpg

BlairW

Reaction score
That actually sounds like a cool name for a winter fit.. Except, of course, they are slowly consolidating everything under the Havana umbrella name...

I heard they're changing their name to HavanaSupply

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Washington is very cool. It's amazing that they only started offering it with notch lapels now. Bring on the custom made option.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics