• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lazio un 44L, gonna miss this cut.

120519-2.jpg

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, also I went to the store hoping to try this on but they didn't have it yet. I like how it looks in the site photos, gonna check back in a couple of weeks.

That's the one I was talking about a few pages ago, was considering it myself and intermittently refreshing the page for a cpl of days, could see the stock level for it disappearing, seemed to sell out very quick. Surprised there's no pics on here of it.

BlairW

Reaction score
I’m going to treasure my SuSu items, but likely won’t buy any more since I can’t trust they’ll fit me, with the new shrunken measurements.

Surely if that was the case then you wouldn’t have bought from them in the first place? Why not order in a size up and see how it goes?

I’m going to order the birdseye Washington - is the general consensus that I should size up due to both Washington fit but also smaller sizes??

Last edited:

kithking23

Reaction score
Surely if that was the case then you wouldn’t have bought from them in the first place? Why order order in a size up and see how it goes?

I’m going to order the birdseye Washington - is the general consensus that I should size up due to both Washington fit but also smaller sizes??
Washington can be iffy to size up,the sleeves I believe are the longest of any model and I think the jacket is longer if it serves me correctly

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surely if that was the case then you wouldn’t have bought from them in the first place? Why order order in a size up and see how it goes?
Okay: I’m overreacting. Thanks for calling me on that, Blair.

BlairW

Reaction score
Washington can be iffy to size up,the sleeves I believe are the longest of any model and I think the jacket is longer if it serves me correctly

Yes, I’ve read that too, maybe I’ll just have to let it out a little to accommodate the dad bod

Standard reactionary hate to SS sizing/pricing/styling :laugh:

pomor

Reaction score
So, I am a solid 38R in all Suitsupply but I have two Washingtons that fit really well after some work — a 36R and a 38S. The 36R had to have the chest taken out and the 38S — the opposite. The regular 38R Washington was just goofy all around on me. Just my experience.

BlairW

Reaction score
@pomor do you recall if the Washington was much tighter through the waist than your other 38R fits?

pomor

Reaction score
@pomor do you recall if the Washington was much tighter through the waist than your other 38R fits?

Actually, no. These were also circa 2016. The 38R just felt like an 38L on me. I hate short jackets as much as the next Styleforum guy, but this one was just longer than I liked. The sleeves were also long. The 38S felt better but roomier in the chest and stomach.

pomor

Reaction score

Are you considering the upcoming outlet (if one happens for Canada this summer — who knows any more; even they don’t know until it happens as past events suggest)? This may be our last chance to get stuff we slept on the last few seasons that still fit the way we are used to. Sometimes they dig out stuff from ages ago and then there’s also relatively fresh stuff from literally the previous season. Looking back, I should have gotten those half-off Jorts in staple colors...

pomor

Reaction score
On a somewhat related note — I just did a bit of travelling and really watched people in various cities. Whoever suggested the looser fits are in the last couple of seasons — well, the general public has certainly not caught on! In fact, it seems like everyone is wearing tight, tight, tight stuff — even puffer jackets. At least one size too small. Are most jeans now made of 30% spandex?? Very tight fits on everyone with lots of ankle showing. This is both Europe and Stateside

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads