1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. BlairW

BlairW Senior Member

Its definitely more humid than the south island, but not as humid as Auckland. Still gets quite cold in winter but a proper thick overcoat would be a bit much - better to wear something thinner and layer it up when you need it

2. Contango

Contango Senior Member

Well in that case yes, it would be a pleasure to :bigstar:

3. clarksdb

clarksdb Distinguished Member

Received the off white cotton braided belt (A19103). Wearing it today. It's lovely. Very preppy and the perfect width for chinos.

4. SS 376

SS 376 Senior Member

Glad it's not just me! I started off as a 40R but now I am really a 42R (or 42L if I want sleeves of a normal length), and I really don't think my dimensions have changed much. It definitely feels like they've shaved a bit from the measurements, even if you account for inconsistency. If you're ordering online, definitely get your normal size and one size above to compare. And I'd be very leery of buying from the outlet if you don't know your correct size...

I never thought I had long arms but it seems now that the sleeves on regular sizes (at least for Napoli, Havana, and Lazio) are almost cartoonishly short. My Siennas have sleeves that are a proper length.

5. saskatoonjay

saskatoonjay Senior Member

Someone here claims a staff member told him the sizes have shrunk based on the stores' tailoring data. And yet online customer service today told me something fucking vague. It is possible that slight adjustments have been made? Thanks for the non-answer, Kelly.
    Untitled.png

6. kithking23

kithking23 Senior Member

If anybody is interested in a basically new houndstooth Hudson navy and white suit in a 38R pm me please

7. saskatoonjay

saskatoonjay Senior Member

991681D5-4B18-4D17-B543-57AF3AAB8B9C.jpeg Can anyone comment on this Napoli linen suit? It’s lovey, but the jacket seems to be lined. Doesn’t the warmth of a lining defeat the purpose of a linen jacket?

8. Mahoney320

Mahoney320 Well-Known Member

I'm having the same trouble with sizing. I started out in a Suitsupply 40R/40L (in all but the Washington and Copenhagen, in which I was a 42R). All of those suits still fit well, but I left Suitsupply with a complex this afternoon. I'd need to move up to a 42 in everything and, even then, the fit wasn't quite the same.

9. kithking23

kithking23 Senior Member

I went to the suitsupply at Tyson’s,from what the rep told me was that they are making them a tad slimmer. Most of the customers she’s had have had to size up in relation to the adjustments

10. ThePanda

ThePanda Member

Anyone else find suitsupply pants a little tight in the seat/hips area? I tried on a Havana 36R pants and the seller said they could let that out. Otherwise thr pants fit and the taper is a bit aggressive.

Are the pants cut the same in other fits.

The jacket was perfect though.

11. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

Their trousers are not ideal. I always had to size up, but even that was not enough. I have managed to achieve good results through the Custom Made programme, however. I sized up 2x and increased the foot opening from 19 to 23cm. I'll never go back to RTW.

12. ThePanda

ThePanda Member

Thanks I will keep that in mind. I am happy to hear you can do all sorts of adjustments to the trousers.

Do all the styles (La Spalla, Havana, etc) have the same type of trouser fit? I noticed in Custom-Made there is only Brescia and Washington trousers. I know Washington is the 'slimmer' fit, but I don't know how they can go slimmer than the Havana trousers I tried on.

13. MajorDash

MajorDash Well-Known Member

That purple soho I got from @TheSupplier came a few days ago. I wore it around today to see what all I need to get altered. Looks like I need the waist out, pants hemmed/cuffed, and the sleeves shortened just a tick. Maybe get the waist out a little too, but I think I like it tight. I can’t for the life of me get a good picture of it’s color with it being so cloudy outside though.

C34DAB11-B6EB-4BC4-A1DF-81CE086294EC.jpeg

14. TheSupplier

TheSupplier Senior Member

Very tough to photograph but I managed to get it done.

Looks amazing!

I would say shorten the sleeves, hem the pants maybe a small button move as it looks a tad too tight in the chest. But otherwise... spot on!

15. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Distinguished Member

Never would have considered a 'purple' suit but looks like it turned out well, grats.
    Almost tempts me to get the light grey DB suit from this season.