• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentleGiant

Reaction score
The high button stance together with wide lapels makes a jacket somewhat awkward proportionally, at least to my eyes.

ExOfficio

Reaction score
5D95DD29-BB8B-4E58-8DCB-C63E7028FC58.jpeg
I have :) First impression is that the price/quality ratio is excellent. The fabric is very nice and it feels like a solid pick for early spring. However, I am not sure I will keep it as I feel the colour is a bit too dark and I am not sure that I like the style. Too much in between formal and casual. Or maybe I am just not used to it? I don’t know. Snapped a quick photo at work so you can see how it looks live

pmestrad

Reaction score
At first try on, I was on the fence, however, after trying on again, I really like it! I will need to get the waist tapered an possibly the sleeves shortened (though will first let them naturally wrinkle given it is linen). I am also unsure if I prefer it with or without the belt. May get the belt loops removed. Otherwise, I think a very good value piece!

IMG_4154.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

IMG_4158.jpg

Murph65

Reaction score
At first try on, I was on the fence, however, after trying on again, I really like it! I will need to get the waist tapered an possibly the sleeves shortened (though will first let them naturally wrinkle given it is linen). I am also unsure if I prefer it with or without the belt. May get the belt loops removed. Otherwise, I think a very good value piece!

View attachment 1126974

View attachment 1126975

View attachment 1126976

Try knotting the belt in back like a Burberry trench. I do that with a similar Norfolk jacket that I got from the outlet. Tapers the side in nicely and keeps the detail of the belt.

pmestrad

Reaction score
Anyone with any thoughts on any of the following? I have some interest in all 3. My concern is that the green one may be brittle and easily damaged, the white is not versatile, and the blue stripe is linen and will wrinkle easily and I just do not have enough experience to know how that would look with pinstripes.

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 2.22.41 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 2.22.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 2.21.51 PM.png

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with any thoughts on any of the following? I have some interest in all 3. My concern is that the green one may be brittle and easily damaged, the white is not versatile, and the blue stripe is linen and will wrinkle easily and I just do not have enough experience to know how that would look with pinstripes.

View attachment 1127641 View attachment 1127642 View attachment 1127643
To me, the white windowpane is what SuSu is best at. I’d love that jacket, and wear it all summer. The green is a conservative choice—if that’s what you need right now. The striped one would take so much confidence to pull off.

TheSupplier

Reaction score
Striped one i am honestly looking at buying.

The problem is that it is a bit one dimensional. Sneakers and a white T shirt is just about the most you can do with it.

Fantastic casual suit summer option though.

Reaction score

Off white checked jacket for me. The pinstripe suit is too bold and loud for me to pull off (power to whoever can rock it) and fabric on the green jacket reminds me of medieval armours.

pomor

Reaction score
The new website layout is cumbersome. The spring selection is underwhelming. Already waiting for Fall/Winter ’19/20. They might do a presentation if they haven’t already like they did last year

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads