• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that charcoal windowpane, but I'm all about Custom Made now. New navy suit.

3180280.jpg
3180250.jpg

sansimeon

Reaction score

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The results have been fairly consistent; the waist of the grey trousers had to be taken in, but that's been the only alteration necessary so far. This suit felt pretty good in store, but you're correct: they came back a bit slimmer in the thigh than I wanted. The foot opening is actually 1.5 cm wider than the other trousers, but it's hard to tell in photos. I actually wanted to increase it by 2 cm, but .5 cms is not a huge deal. They still drape a lot better than the RTW equivalents.

Even if some measurements are off, it's still worth it because A) alterations are included in the price and B) even with some variation it's much better than RTW.

Last edited:

sansimeon

Reaction score
Even if some measurements are off, it's still worth it because A) alterations are included in the price and B) even with some variation it's much better than RTW.

Agreed. Having to go back for alterations is just an inconvenience for me since I live far from the store.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about 2 hours away by train so it's not exactly convenient for me either. Presumably most custom alterations can be done while you wait, but it does suck when you discover flaws after taking delivery. I've had to make the pilgrimage to Helsinki on many occasions on that basis and it does get annoying.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you kindly. It's the custom option; can recommend. Lazio jacket and Washington trousers.

The trousers are 2 sizes larger to accommodate my thighs and gigantic ass, and the leg opening is about 2.5 cm's wider. The jacket required the usual nips and tucks and I I changed the length from 78 cm to 79 cm.

Last edited:

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you order bigger trousers and have them sewn in the waist once they are delivered or how does it work?

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did an initial fitting in-store. Everything comes as specified directly from the factory.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, enjoy. I can't say there are many, if any, occasions in my life which call for a tux. It is a pity.

Lazio is decent, although I would prefer a slightly lower button stance. I would say it is the only SuSu fit I'd consider. I do like the Washington silhouette but the details kind of kill it for me.

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The button stance on the Lazio tuxedo is in the classic, “low” position. I was pleasantly surprised by that when I buttoned it up. :)

Versace Guy

Reaction score
Hello all. I am thinking about buying an older Suitsupply model called "Livorno". Does anyone have any knowledge on the fit of this model compared to other models? Any help is appreciated!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads