1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. kithking23

kithking23 Senior Member

I am,but got most of what I ordered.

2. Murph65

Murph65 Active Member

I am. I expect my Jort jacket and boots will be cancelled. Ordered Tuesday.

3. Houta

Houta Well-Known Member

which boots have you ordered?

4. Murph65

Murph65 Active Member

5. Houta

Houta Well-Known Member

6. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

They don't look great in the flesh. Definitely overpriced. You're better off buying Meermin or something like that.

7. Murph65

Murph65 Active Member

Depends on the model. They run large.

8. TheSupplier

TheSupplier Senior Member

I am also not a huge fan of Suitsupply shoes. I only own one pair of double monk and a pair of sneakers.

I am by NO means a shoe guy or expert but quality seems to be lacking for the price somehow. I buy many of my shoes from Massimo Dutti and I find the quality good for the price.

9. Houta

Houta Well-Known Member

Its funny you mentioned Massimo Dutti! I tried a Swedish brand in 2018 called "Ten Point Shoes", they claim that they manufacture all their shoes in Portugal! Anyway, I was cleaning the my shoes today and I had the Ten Point shoes next to an old brown suede that I bought from Massimo Dutti more than 5 years ago and the Ten Point looked much older! It made me think that Massimo Dutti's shoes are really good quality. The pair I have are good year welted not sure if they are still using this method though, been ages since I got something from Massimo Dutti.

90B9D659-0005-4C12-AD4E-B4273FCED7EB.jpeg

E94E9718-0E73-42FA-AA1F-6367F24330AB.jpeg

779D2BDD-79A3-4FE5-99DA-072C70EBCAD7.jpeg

10. masernaut

masernaut Senior Member

^
    Suede vs. calf is an unfair comparison. Even the cheapest suede can look good if taken care of.

11. Houta

Houta Well-Known Member

that's true - but look at the heels for example and how they worn off on the leather shoes!

12. saskatoonjay

saskatoonjay Senior Member

You should look at the pictures, though: it's not just the outer surface that's in better shape.

13. TheSupplier

TheSupplier Senior Member

AND Massimo has huge sales! I got a pair of white sneakers on sale there for like 40 Euro!

For shirts now I also use Charles Tyrwhitt since there is ZERO tailoring involved and I can get the sleeve length down to the centimeter I need and they come with metal collar stays with EVERY shirt. Suitsupply are the best for Suits and Jackets but some areas still need work.

I have not tried the knitwear too much yet but I plan to in the future. I picked up a pair of sweatpants for fun and they are nice though.

14. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

Things I would buy from SuitSupply: suits and outerwear. Things I would not buy from SuitSupply: Any other clothes.

For shirts, I can highly recommend checking out Shirtonomy if you're in the EU. Best collars for the price and the fit is pretty good.

15. Houta

Houta Well-Known Member

Never heard of Shirtonomy before! I keep learning about new stuff since I joined this forum! Was living in a dark age before!

I have checked them out and their offerings seem very nice and pricing is same range as SuSu. Gonna order one shirt now to try and wil feedback when I get it.

Cheers for the tip and keep “em coming :)