1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member

Just got shipping notification from SS! Although, I send it to a forum member and he will ship them to me in Mexico. So, it will be a long wait hehe.

2. kadidal

kadidal Member

With spousal approval, you could get five socks for that $15.

3. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

They're both pretty nice. Better than Berg and Berg, but not by much. At the sale price it's worth it.

4. Hayden Schrapel

Hayden Schrapel Well-Known Member

Suitsupply Outlet still showing 'not available in your country' for me in Sweden :( Doesn't look likely to happen on the 12th

5. Eli Curt

Eli Curt Senior Member

I don't know if I agree across the board. Last outlet, I went in with Viral on a few ties. 1 navy 7 fold, 1 green cashmere and 1 cotton/linen. The staple is great feeling silk, the cashmere nice and robust and and the cotton feels like it was made in the same factory as my cotton/linen formicola and isaia ties. I don't think mine are as lifeless as you've experienced.

6. TheSupplier

TheSupplier Senior Member

EU outlet is supposed to open on the 14th in the morning and I don’t think they deliver to Sweden.

If I’m not mistaken it’s for Netherlands, Germany and Belgium.

7. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

I've read from multiple sources that it really is the luck of the draw. The ties I bought from them were completely worthless. Obviously you chose... wisely, because many of their ties have a lot of synthetic fibres and cheap carpeting for interlining. They definitely skimp on materials and construction where they can.

I should also mention that I have only paid full price, so they were much less of a value prospect. 10 USD per tie is a slightly different equation. Even so, once you've handled a few higher quality ties, it is hard to go back.

8. Eli Curt

Eli Curt Senior Member

It's like buying a scratch-off lotto ticket. If you win, you just scored a brand new-ish, 2 season old quality tie!

If you lose, well, better luck next time.

9. cvb1

cvb1 Member

SUSU.png
    Sadly this seems to be the true, however you can access the outlet site from Sweden atm.

10. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

@Eli Curt For 10 bucks, absolutely. But I am a denizen of the Arctic so for me they cost €39. I neglected to mention that in my initial post. For that price, it's really, really not worth it.

11. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

@cvb1 You can access other sites, but they won't deliver to a Swedish address.

12. cvb1

cvb1 Member

susu 2.png
    Eventhough it's in Swedish? I think you're right, but I really hope you're not.

13. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

You will get access, be able to browse the collection and even add items to your shopping bag. But then when the time comes to check them out, you will get the message "Unfortunately these items cannot be delivered to this address". They are such teases.

14. cvb1

cvb1 Member

Luckily my girlfriend is in Belgium this entire month. Do you have any clue about shipping time during the outlet?

15. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

No idea. Never shopped the outlet.