1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. TheSupplier

TheSupplier Senior Member

Got confirmation from a rep that there’s an outlet on Monday.

2. kithking23

kithking23 Senior Member

Proxy? For EU outlet? Would be appreciated. I believe the EU will have a better stock than both Canada and US

3. TheSupplier

I’ve never seen the EU outlet have better stock than the US but let’s see.

Suitsupply surprised us big time this year. Canadian outlet on Boxing Day and no day 2 drop in the US.

4. kadidal

kadidal Member

I would like to declare myself winner of the January 2019 outlet, tie division.

IMG_9905.JPG

5. SS 376

SS 376 Senior Member

There is a member here, Riton, who has handled all my proxy requests for the EU. He is great.

6. letsgofire

letsgofire Senior Member

You needed 17 more ties?

7. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

While I can relate to the "go to extraordinary lengths to avoid talking about menswear purchases with my wife' part of that story, I can't relate to that either. I have no idea how much the ties were, but I'd rather have two or three ties from Viola Milano or Shibumi than seventeen from SuitSupply. Those things are completely lifeless.

8. kadidal

kadidal Member

Sadly, looks like my wife has an account here on SF under the name "letsgofire" :(

9. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

10. MajorDash

MajorDash Well-Known Member

I guess I'd question if you'd buy anything from SuitSupply if you are paying $150 for a single tie. Not that there is anything wrong with nice ties, but if you're in a circle that can honestly tell a $30 tie apart from a $150 tie then I assume you're probably buying higher quality suits as well. The SuSu ties were about $10 a piece.

11. TheSupplier

I guess this is why I am not married haha.

12. kadidal

kadidal Member

Seriously, though, while I like the occasional lively European-palette tie (still own a bright blue w/ orange foulard 25 year old Steffano Ricci tie from law school), I do love the muted-colors-plus-texture that so many SuSu ties have. The downside is the retail price together with the fact the textured ones don't seem to last as well as plain hardy silk. But at $10 a pop, the outlet takes care of that concern.

13. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

I am not a fan of super saturated ties either; I honestly assumed that kind of thing to be the preserve of American politicians. As a rule I prefer more muted tones. The problem I have with SuSu ties is that they feel cheap. The lining is of a very low quality, so they just hang there like a dead fish, and rarely do they achieve a decent knot. That's a hard pass.

@MajorDash I wouldn't pay 150 for a single tie either. But if a €150 tie was on sale for €80, I'd buy that (I bought this a few days ago). I realise no one else can tell the difference, but most people can't tell the difference between a cheap department store suit or a Kiton either.

14. papado

papado Senior Member

They just cancelled my La Spalla outlet order--but for the inconvenience I got a 15 USD gift card. Lol thanks :(

15. kithking23

kithking23 Senior Member

How good are they really? I’ve been eying then for a while but don’t know if I can justify the price without any experience