• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I went into the store with the impression that SS is one of the new custom suit places like indochino, enzo, black lapel, mysuit ny etc.

You can get a MTM suit there as well.

Jazz3Pickz

Reaction score
Hi, I am wondering about sizes for the Havana jackets. SuitSupply's fit guide gave me no suggestions at all.. I am 190 cm, 83 kg, chest 100 cm, shoulders 46-47 cm and sleeves(outer) 63-64,5 cm.

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi, I am wondering about sizes for the Havana jackets. SuitSupply's fit guide gave me no suggestions at all.. I am 190 cm, 83 kg, chest 100 cm, shoulders 46-47 cm and sleeves(outer) 63-64,5 cm. 

I think you need to go with a 102 (42L) then.
I am 183cm, 77kg and wear a 98 (40L).

Jazz3Pickz

Reaction score
I think you need to go with a 102 (42L) then.
I am 183cm, 77kg and wear a 98 (40L).
Are the sizes that small? I normally wear a 48 or 50 or long if they are short. But the sleeve length worries me, and they are functional as well, sigh. I checked your blog and if that's a 98 you're wearing I guess I would need a larger than that as the 98 fits you well.

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are the sizes that small? I normally wear a 48 or 50 or long if they are short. But the sleeve length worries me, and they are functional as well, sigh. I checked your blog and if that's a 98 you're wearing I guess I would need a larger than that as the 98 fits you well. 

yes. The Havana runs really small & I do not really like the "too short jacket" look. So I have to get a long size.

I am fortunate to have a tailor here who adjusts my sleeve length from the shoulder for free :slayer:

Gendo

Reaction score
Can't see the back, and the collar gap on the sides in the first pic worry me. Make sure there's no collar gap at the back.

This looks nice except for the rather prominent >o< at the top button. The chest is also bowing a bit, but I'm getting the feeling that it's a common problem. May I ask what your true chest measurement is?

I think you'd be pulling this off already if it weren't for the poor choice of collar. Any decently large spread, I think, would suffice. If you're in the EU, Tyrwhitt makes fairly cheap shirts with a decent cutaway (the QC is poor however, speaking from experience). Don't expect magic from them, but the value proposition works on deep(er) discount. They ship to the US, too, but at that distance the shipping is hefty.
The reason the chest is bowing is because it isn't flat. I was born with it like this so maybe that's why, I think its called Pectus Carinatum, doesn't really matter, I need to live with it.
I do agree on the collar, it isn't as I expected it to be, now I am not really prepared to spend another ~30 on a shirt... I guess I have to. There isn't too many I could find, three of the few I've seen are http://www.hawesandcurtis.com/plain-ref_SQPGA120-N01 , http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/men's-shi...pdefault||FU060WHT|||||406,4352,4277,|||||||| and http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jeff-Banks-...CC/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1364954400&sr=8-19

Let me know what you think. Thank you :)

dasc

Reaction score
from the thread here I understand the Napoli fit is their more classic/regular one...
is it still relatively speaking (compared to other brands) a "slim" fit? or is it really a regular fit?
I'm confused and any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)
Would like to know this as well.

Also, ordering online, do you have to stick with the drop 6 size? Is it possible to exchange only the pants if necessary?

Long time lurker - first time poster crew checking in.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, ordering online, do you have to stick with the drop 6 size? Is it possible to exchange only the pants if necessary?

It really depends on your build...if you are really slim or skinny, then no. If you have an athletic frame then it might be. I have two Napoli's.. one has higher armholes than the other..it however gives me room through the chest and shoulders.. I have 50 inch chest, broad shoulders and a small waist for my size (37) as a person who is 6"8...so it works for me. The pants are aggressively tapered though. I have not tried the other fits but that's my two cents..

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reason the chest is bowing is because it isn't flat. I was born with it like this so maybe that's why, I think its called Pectus Carinatum, doesn't really matter, I need to live with it.
I do agree on the collar, it isn't as I expected it to be, now I am not really prepared to spend another ~30 on a shirt... I guess I have to. There isn't too many I could find, three of the few I've seen are http://www.hawesandcurtis.com/plain-ref_SQPGA120-N01 , http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/men's-shirts/men's-formal-shirts/White-poplin-cutaway-collar-slim-fit-shirt?q=gbpdefault||FU060WHT|||||406,4352,4277,|||||||| and http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jeff-Banks-...CC/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1364954400&sr=8-19

Let me know what you think. Thank you :)

i wouldn't bother with hawes and curtis nor charles tyrwhitt. their fabrics feel like cardboard. threads have started to pull away on my hawes and curtis shirt, and charles tyrwhitt...... the fusing in the collar and sleeve has bubbled just after 1 or 2 washes. try tmlewin.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't believe you can get separates on SS suits. I could be wrong though. I will say that the Napoli pants are very slim and tight for their size. For a size 36 waist, they are slimmer than size 36 LaSpalla/Jort pants, even though the LaSpalla/Jort is supposedly slimmer than the Napoli. I still needed to get the waistband taken in, but everything else is snug. You could always give it a try. I believe return shipping is free.

Gendo

Reaction score

i wouldn't bother with hawes and curtis nor charles tyrwhitt. their fabrics feel like cardboard. threads have started to pull away on my hawes and curtis shirt, and charles tyrwhitt...... the fusing in the collar and sleeve has bubbled just after 1 or 2 washes. try tmlewin.

Thanks for the reply. I had a look on Tmlewin and it looks really good. I need to ask though about the collar, should it be full cutaway or just cutaway will do? What about the material type, poplin, twill or maybe herringbone just like my suit? And yes Harvey Specter is my inspiration, Im just way younger then him, only 18 :D

Ah and my chest size is 38.

Last edited:

dufferin1

Reaction score
I don't believe you can get separates on SS suits. I could be wrong though. I will say that the Napoli pants are very slim and tight for their size. For a size 36 waist, they are slimmer than size 36 LaSpalla/Jort pants, even though the LaSpalla/Jort is supposedly slimmer than the Napoli. I still needed to get the waistband taken in, but everything else is snug. You could always give it a try. I believe return shipping is free.
You can. Only for the blue pinstripe Napoli and the grey pinstripe Napoli.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I had a look on Tmlewin and it looks really good. I need to ask though about the collar, should it be full cutaway or just cutaway will do? What about the material type, poplin, twill or maybe herringbone just like my suit? And yes Harvey Specter is my inspiration, Im just way younger then him, only 18
biggrin.gif

Ah and my chest size is 38.

you can get away with the cutaway collar, or even a semi spread.

something like this: http://www.tmlewin.com.au/Shirts/Mens-Shirts,en_AU,sc.html?prefn1=collarShape&prefv1=Cutaway or

http://henrycarter.com.au/products-page/shirts/white-poplin/

i've got the henry carter shirt. it's an extreme cutaway but it will do the job well; good fitting shirt too.

material type is your own preference. i usually don't go too fancy like herringbone or twill. poplin is fine but the leave is a bit 'tough' so ironing it is a bit of a biatch.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
material type is your own preference. i usually don't go too fancy like herringbone or twill. poplin is fine but the leave is a bit 'tough' so ironing it is a bit of a biatch.

No love for the twill? I reckon it adds a great texture, as poplin is a little 'flat' (for want of a better word!).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads