Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

You can get a MTM suit there as well.

2. Jazz3Pickz

Jazz3Pickz Active Member

Hi, I am wondering about sizes for the Havana jackets. SuitSupply's fit guide gave me no suggestions at all.. I am 190 cm, 83 kg, chest 100 cm, shoulders 46-47 cm and sleeves(outer) 63-64,5 cm.

3. timotune

timotune Senior member

I think you need to go with a 102 (42L) then.
    I am 183cm, 77kg and wear a 98 (40L).

4. Jazz3Pickz

Jazz3Pickz Active Member

Are the sizes that small? I normally wear a 48 or 50 or long if they are short. But the sleeve length worries me, and they are functional as well, sigh. I checked your blog and if that's a 98 you're wearing I guess I would need a larger than that as the 98 fits you well.

5. timotune

timotune Senior member

yes. The Havana runs really small & I do not really like the "too short jacket" look. So I have to get a long size.

I am fortunate to have a tailor here who adjusts my sleeve length from the shoulder for free :slayer:

6. rodaman

rodaman Senior member

oh...well i feel dumb

7. Gendo

Gendo Member

The reason the chest is bowing is because it isn't flat. I was born with it like this so maybe that's why, I think its called Pectus Carinatum, doesn't really matter, I need to live with it.
    I do agree on the collar, it isn't as I expected it to be, now I am not really prepared to spend another ~30 on a shirt... I guess I have to. There isn't too many I could find, three of the few I've seen are http://www.hawesandcurtis.com/plain-ref_SQPGA120-N01 , http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/men's-shi...pdefault||FU060WHT|||||406,4352,4277,|||||||| and http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jeff-Banks-...CC/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1364954400&sr=8-19

Let me know what you think. Thank you :)

8. dasc

dasc New Member

Would like to know this as well.

Also, ordering online, do you have to stick with the drop 6 size? Is it possible to exchange only the pants if necessary?

Long time lurker - first time poster crew checking in.

9. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

It really depends on your build...if you are really slim or skinny, then no. If you have an athletic frame then it might be. I have two Napoli's.. one has higher armholes than the other..it however gives me room through the chest and shoulders.. I have 50 inch chest, broad shoulders and a small waist for my size (37) as a person who is 6"8...so it works for me. The pants are aggressively tapered though. I have not tried the other fits but that's my two cents..

10. sliq

sliq Senior member

i wouldn't bother with hawes and curtis nor charles tyrwhitt. their fabrics feel like cardboard. threads have started to pull away on my hawes and curtis shirt, and charles tyrwhitt...... the fusing in the collar and sleeve has bubbled just after 1 or 2 washes. try tmlewin.

11. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I don't believe you can get separates on SS suits. I could be wrong though. I will say that the Napoli pants are very slim and tight for their size. For a size 36 waist, they are slimmer than size 36 LaSpalla/Jort pants, even though the LaSpalla/Jort is supposedly slimmer than the Napoli. I still needed to get the waistband taken in, but everything else is snug. You could always give it a try. I believe return shipping is free.

12. Gendo

Gendo Member

Thanks for the reply. I had a look on Tmlewin and it looks really good. I need to ask though about the collar, should it be full cutaway or just cutaway will do? What about the material type, poplin, twill or maybe herringbone just like my suit? And yes Harvey Specter is my inspiration, Im just way younger then him, only 18 :D

Ah and my chest size is 38.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  13. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

You can. Only for the blue pinstripe Napoli and the grey pinstripe Napoli.

14. sliq

sliq Senior member

you can get away with the cutaway collar, or even a semi spread.

something like this: http://www.tmlewin.com.au/Shirts/Mens-Shirts,en_AU,sc.html?prefn1=collarShape&prefv1=Cutaway or

http://henrycarter.com.au/products-page/shirts/white-poplin/

i've got the henry carter shirt. it's an extreme cutaway but it will do the job well; good fitting shirt too.

material type is your own preference. i usually don't go too fancy like herringbone or twill. poplin is fine but the leave is a bit 'tough' so ironing it is a bit of a biatch.

15. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

No love for the twill? I reckon it adds a great texture, as poplin is a little 'flat' (for want of a better word!).