• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gianm

Reaction score
Amazing color. Hopefully it looks just as good in person. Maybe ill get to see one this weekend.

aYogsyx.jpg

uUMeCC9.jpg

You should find it by browsing through suits, although it's not included in the New Arrivals

Oh man I'd been checking new arrivals. It's already sold out in my sizes.

davidazio

Reaction score
Oh man I'd been checking new arrivals. It's already sold out in my sizes.

That's strange, it's a preorder and - at least when I access the site - looks like it is still available in all sizes.

gianm

Reaction score
That's strange, it's a preorder and - at least when I access the site - looks like it is still available in all sizes.

I had been checking the canadian site. I see it on the US as all available. Decisions. If I said that the 36S Sienna fits pretty well in terms of length, shoulder but is a bit tight around the chest (lapel bowing), what size would people recommend for the Havanna? Size up?

TheSupplier

Reaction score
Should be available in all sizes. It just dropped this morning.

Gian that’s a tough call. Have you let out the chest all the way on that sienna you have?

Worse come to worse you can just order two sizes and send one back.

davidazio

Reaction score
I had been checking the canadian site. I see it on the US as all available. Decisions. If I said that the 36S Sienna fits pretty well in terms of length, shoulder but is a bit tight around the chest (lapel bowing), what size would people recommend for the Havanna? Size up?

Get both a 36s and 38s and return the one that does not fit.

TheSupplier

Reaction score
I would move quick too because those are two sizes that usually sell out pretty quickly. Especially 36S. Never easy for me to even find those.

gianm

Reaction score
Should be available in all sizes. It just dropped this morning.

Gian that’s a tough call. Have you let out the chest all the way on that sienna you have?

Worse come to worse you can just order two sizes and send one back.

I have not had adjustments made. I could get to a SS store but the earliest would be Saturday. Not sure how fast items tend to sell out with SS.

TheSupplier

Reaction score
If the 36S is a little tight in the chest without any alterations then if you let it out you'll be fine. I have a similar problem with 38R/S these days because ive put on weight but once they let the chest out its all good. Sizing up to 40S or R doesn't work well for me because then everything else is too baggy or long.

My guess is that you are 36S but just need the chest opened up a bit which there is adequate material for.

BlairW

Reaction score
Question re regular v long sizing - is it a higher rise on the long trousers?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So in terms of sizing, I usually get Spier and Mackay's 44 Contemporary suits, which are a 44 jacket and 38 Contemporary pants. Which SS fit is closest to this? I'm more concerned about the trousers than the jacket. Any help please?
On the SM thread the owner mentioned their contemporary fits like a Havana. And most SS suits have that same 6” drop.

davidazio

Reaction score
Question re regular v long sizing - is it a higher rise on the long trousers?

Yes, but personally I find the difference minimal and hard to notice. All SS trousers just have a very low rise.

BlairW

Reaction score
@davidazio I’m interested to know about people who may have switched from regular to long sizing - have you? SS is borderline too short in jacket length and rise etc and I’m wanting to know if it is a valid option to just go to a long size. I have long arms so I’m thinking I may only have to worry about jacket length? @blekit I seem to recall you have some expertise in this area?

blekit

Reaction score
@davidazio I’m interested to know about people who may have switched from regular to long sizing - have you? SS is borderline too short in jacket length and rise etc and I’m wanting to know if it is a valid option to just go to a long size. I have long arms so I’m thinking I may only have to worry about jacket length? @blekit I seem to recall you have some expertise in this area?
Indeed, I've switched between size options. Regular are slightly too short for my taste (although if we consider the current trend for shorter jackets they might be just fine), longer sizes are, well, longer, more classic. Besides the sleeve and jacket lengths I don't recall any more serious differences in sizing. If I were you I'd definitely try the long version of some jacket and saw how I feel in it, after all that's what's the most important facto, isn't it? :)

BlairW

Reaction score
Indeed, I've switched between size options. Regular are slightly too short for my taste (although if we consider the current trend for shorter jackets they might be just fine), longer sizes are, well, longer, more classic. Besides the sleeve and jacket lengths I don't recall any more serious differences in sizing. If I were you I'd definitely try the long version of some jacket and saw how I feel in it, after all that's what's the most important facto, isn't it? :)

Exactly right. Blekit do you have some reg v long size comparison photos to share?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads