• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alright, here is the Napoli Jacket. Judging by the Sienna Jacket I am guessing this is too small as well but please let me know what needs fixed. The collar has been pinned. Thanks again!
Still too tight (upper back as well as chest). There's another problem visible in both suits - dents in the sleevehead, maybe due to square shoulders. Frankly, SuitSupply might not have anything that fits well on you.

Last edited:

Scalable

Reaction score
Alright, here is the Napoli Jacket. Judging by the Sienna Jacket I am guessing this is too small as well but please let me know what needs fixed. The collar has been pinned. Thanks again!

The jacket looks to be too small in general for you. I doubt this is a problem you'll solve by choosing another fit. The sleeves are also too long, though that's a problem more easily rectified.

Try taking the next size up, and try the short size while you're at it if you aren't doing so already (or pick the normal if this is the long).

radchad3

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the feedback. I wish I could make the suits work but I am going to have to go up to a 42R or 42S but SS wont let me go with the smaller pants so I am going to look for separates from another brand. :( Thanks again for the thoughts! Chad

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the feedback. I wish I could make the suits work but I am going to have to go up to a 42R or 42S but SS wont let me go with the smaller pants so I am going to look for separates from another brand. :( Thanks again for the thoughts! Chad

Fixing pants is much easier than jackets. It's pretty easy to slim pants. You never know, you might need more room in the thighs if you squat. I figure you lift, given the size of your chest.

radchad3

Reaction score
I would need a 42 size jacket and that would come with a 36 size pant. I would need a 32 size pant to fit properly. Isn't that quite a difference for the tailor to work with? Maybe not??!!

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
I would need a 42 size jacket and that would come with a 36 size pant. I would need a 32 size pant to fit properly. Isn't that quite a difference for the tailor to work with? Maybe not??!!

Jesus christ man, you're a drop 10?! My lord!

Forget OTR then.

SS offer a MTM service, which you might be interested in, but there is probably better MTM out there for the same price point.

radchad3

Reaction score
Well, I did tell the wife that I could quit working out and start eating fast food everyday and then the suit would fit. She didn't like that idea! :D

Last edited:

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is it still possible to order the Manhattan tuxedo from SS? If not, does anyone have a good alternative?

Is that the midnight shawl collar option that they had only in stores a while back? If so then I am curious about this as well (including good alternatives). I've been looking for something like this for a while with no luck.

katabatic

Reaction score
Is it still possible to order the Manhattan tuxedo from SS? If not, does anyone have a good alternative?

It was an in-store exclusive, although I've heard rumors that it may be joining the regular lineup in the fall. I unfortunately don't know of any RTW alternatives that have a similarly robust shawl collar.

The Gold Bug

Reaction score

Is that the midnight shawl collar option that they had only in stores a while back? If so then I am curious about this as well (including good alternatives). I've been looking for something like this for a while with no luck.

I think it's directly integrated their next F/W collection (as opposed to what it was this past year - an exclusive). Not sure you can still get any now.

f-tard

Reaction score
didn't know they had in-store exclusives, damn makes me wish I was closer to a store. just ordered a navy washington and a lazio 3p, keeping fingers crossed about the fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads