• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is Washington the most structure fit? Also do you guys take same size in Washington say as Jort or size up?

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Washington is probably the closest I have to a perfectly fitting suit. But I dislike the details on the jacket (ticket pocket, peak lapels and roll 2).
View attachment 972556

The suit looks great, and you look great in it. The lapels are fantastic, and one hardly even notices it’s not a 2-button with that perfect roll. I’m not a fan of ticket pockets either, but that’s a small thing, no?

On second thought, it’s terrible. I’ll take it off your hands. :lol:

Last edited:

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is Washington the most structure fit? Also do you guys take same size in Washington say as Jort or size up?
The Washington is the slimmest, and it shares the “most structure” title with the Napoli. I don’t know about sizing up, but SuSu customer service say they never recommend sizing up. “The same size will fit—just know it’ll fit you differently.”

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just back from the tailor with my new Lazio navy windowpane. Notice I still have no clue how to take suit selfies. Mea culpa.
IMG_1053.jpg IMG_1057.jpg

Last edited:

askim35

Reaction score
E9DBC26F-F710-4D43-A6FF-99B2304070DF.jpeg
Need some opinions. Heading to an outdoor wedding and I was wondering if this brown pant/blue Jacket/vest combo works. Took the pants as a separate from a full brown suit.

Any opinions welcomed!

Murph65

Reaction score
Do you have the matching blue pants? I’d wear the full suit and lose the tie if you want more casual.

powerkicker

Reaction score
Do you have the matching blue pants? I’d wear the full suit and lose the tie if you want more casual.

I agree. If I were going to wear that jacket as a sport coat, I’d definitely not wear the vest. Those two pieces together scream “orphaned suit jacket” to me.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. If I were going to wear that jacket as a sport coat, I’d definitely not wear the vest. Those two pieces together scream “orphaned suit jacket” to me.
Yeah, the jacket and pants look just fine together, but with the waistcoat it's matching on top and unmatched below.

Great texture on the jacket. I like that.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need advice.

In flagrant disregard of #menswear groupthink I want a black suit for funerals (and the occasional music gig or Reservoir Dogs moment). SuSu doesn't have any black suits in their current collections, but they can do custom made with a black Vitale Barberis Canonico.

Here's the question: Should this suit be a Havana, Napoli, or Lazio?

I have suits in all 3 of those fits and my favourite is likely Havana, but I wonder if the patch pockets make it too casual for a funeral. Thoughts?

KWang94

Reaction score
I need advice.

In flagrant disregard of #menswear groupthink I want a black suit for funerals (and the occasional music gig or Reservoir Dogs moment). SuSu doesn't have any black suits in their current collections, but they can do custom made with a black Vitale Barberis Canonico.

I have suits in all 3 of those fits and my favourite is likely Havana, but I wonder if the patch pockets make it too casual for a funeral. Thoughts?

Napoli or Lazio. Havana would be way too casual.

geekrestored

Reaction score
I need advice.

For most occasions, Napoli or Lazio with my preference being the Lazio due to cut. I couldn't see the Havana in black as I associate that color to more formal settings.

geekrestored

Reaction score
View attachment 977200
Need some opinions. Heading to an outdoor wedding and I was wondering if this brown pant/blue Jacket/vest combo works. Took the pants as a separate from a full brown suit.

Any opinions welcomed!

It certainly comes out as an orphaned suit. Preferably use a light/cream jacket (no vest) over the brown pants or the full brown suit and then complement with some lighter colors, suede loafers and a panama hat (optional) and you'll be golden.

The Dirk

Reaction score
I need advice.

I actually think there were a few items this season that were black. Did you try filtering on the site for black suits?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads