1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

I wouldn't taper the trouser, everything looks good from the front, if the back is clean then other then hemming nothing to be done (even the sleeve length is pretty good, maybe you can show a bit cuff, but if you're too lazy to touch it can work as well). Don't think shoulder is too wide.

2. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Distinguished Member

thanks for the comments! the back looks pretty clean too, and yes i'm on the fence about whether or not to take a tiny bit out of the trousers. i trust my alterations guy so i'll see what he thinks when he does the hemming.
    i think the shoulder thing is mainly because i'm raising my arm, if i stand normally they look pretty good. ill try to get some better pics once the alterations are done.

3. letsgofire

letsgofire Senior Member

4. concealed

concealed Distinguished Member

5. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior Member

Would also agree to shorten the sleeves. They are definitely long. Looks great though!

6. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Distinguished Member

I'm not a sneaker person so take this for what you will but I ended up ordering the brown sneakers (FW1405) and pretty happy with them. More comfortable than what I was expecting and the leather on them is buttery soft. Unlike some SS items IRL these look pretty much like they do in the pics.

Also grabbed some casual trousers
    • Brown cotton (B1010) - these are more brown/greyish IRL, was hoping they'd be a bit darker. I was initially going to send them back but their surprisingly damn cosy.
    • White cotton (B901) - Same style, fit and mill and the brown above but the material on these isn't as nice and not opaque enough for white imo.

7. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

I tried those brown chinos but they were way too tight in the thigh. They're nice, but not worth an additional €50 in alterations.

8. clarksdb

clarksdb Distinguished Member

I ordered a light gray 100% linen pant and also a gray wool pant.

Also ordered a white slim fit dress shirt (red line).

Let's see how they are...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018

9. clarksdb

Received the linen pants which seem great with a ton of texture. Will keep those but return the gray trousers as they don't seem like anything special.

Anyways, if I am 6'0", 180 lbs, slim with broad shoulders and chest what size would I most likely be in Lazio? I ordered a 40R but I find the jacket length too short for my tastes. Even though the SuitSupply sales person said the length is good and did not let me try on a 40L saying it would be too long. The SuitSupply website also states the long length for heights of 6'1" and greater.

I want to try on a 40L but then I am afraid it will be just a touch too slim in the chest and waist.

Other option would be 42L and having it slimmed but then the jacket length might be TOO long.

10. TOBestWR

TOBestWR Well-Known Member

I'm 6 feet and 160 lbs and 38L is very tight on me. You are probably a 42L.

11. clarksdb

It fits with the theory of SuitSupply sales reps fitting you in one size too small.

Do you go with a 38R or 40L?

12. TheSupplier

TheSupplier Senior Member

I just ordered the Navy Blue Wide Lapel Havana with the drawstring pants. I am 5,10 and about 183lbs so ordered up the 38S. I am curious how it feels since its S120s wool. I could have probably sourced a suit cheaper myself but didn't feel like doing the work haha. I am too busy taking care of other peoples orders to worry about my own.

It comes tomorrow and then hopefully off to the tailor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am restocking this weekend (again) so fun times ahead!

13. saskatoonjay

saskatoonjay Senior Member

I’m 5’7” and wear a 38 Regular, despite SS’s insistence that I need a Short. You’re free to demand a Long, Mr. Clark’s.

And you can order 2 or 3 suits and just return for FREE the ones that don’t fit.

14. Suits_or_Death

Suits_or_Death Active Member

They should be able to let out a bit in the chest and waist, no? If they can, you could probably go for the 40L.

15. TOBestWR

TOBestWR Well-Known Member

I wear 38L but it a bit too tight on me. My next buys will be 40L. I hate short jackets.