Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Dapper Edition

Dapper Edition Active Member

Suitsupply starts with their S (short) sizes from 48 till 60.
    Good to know it that the shorts sizes are actually a bit larger than the normal sizes (so a 48S is the almost the same size as a 50 but than shorter).
    The Havana model is quiet fitted and a little shorter, I actually like this fit very much (It does have patch pockets, might be too informal, but that depends on the job).
    You should probably avoid the Washington which is quiet long and fitted (with peak lapels).
    The most formal models are: The London, Lazio, Napoli.
    The trousers probably need shortening, however, this often only takes a day.

I hope this helps and good luck on you new job.

P.S. You should probably avoid the Sevilla model. This model is a bit cheaper but the make of the suit is not really good.

2. Hunter Smith

Hunter Smith Active Member

Fit check, pretty bad photo I realize that now that I'm looking at it, I'll upload some back/side shots once I get my camera back.

[​IMG]

3. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

That looks like a great fit. Shoulders may be the slightest big, but overall impeccable. Good for you!

4. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Senior member

[​IMG]
    anyone have this suit? Any fit pics?

5. azumi

azumi Senior member

You can give post 1568 on page 105 a look. Not exactly this color or fabric, but same fit.

6. Hunter Smith

Thanks! hopefully I can get more photos up soon so people can see the other angles.

7. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Definitely fitted. The length, as I found out with the Havana model, lends itself more towards a casual setting. If you need it for work, might want to get a longer size.

8. f-tard

f-tard Well-Known Member

Hey guys, question about fit. My little brother just graduated and got his first job, and I want to buy him a decent suit. He's on the shorter side withan athletic build, will these work for him? I know ss tends to work well for tall athletic, but not sure about short athletic. I think he's probably around 5'5-5'6 and 135 ish pounds. He was big into sports so he's like a size 41 chest. Recommendations on cuts I should have him try? I read the fit discussion a few pages back, seems like lazios might work. Open to suggestions so I don't waste time shipping back and forth.

9. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

@ f-tard: I think the Napoli is the most accomodating fit. I own only Lazio and Havanas, and they are both pretty slim in the chest. the Havana moreso than Lazio. But buying online is always a bit of a gamble, so if you want to rule out returns for certain, I suggest you go somewhere else with your brother in the real world...

10. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

are the lapels grosgrain or satin? What size did you go with? What is your size in other brands? Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  11. bearsfan172

bearsfan172 Senior member

12. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

I see you went for this one rather than the redish brown one.Its looks good. I would wear a wider tie it that jacket to match the lapels

13. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Yes. No. Maybe. In the classic sense a herringbone, peak lapel with ticket pocket isn't a traditional second suit. But we don't know where you are wearing it.

14. f-tard

f-tard Well-Known Member

@steffenbp11 thx for the advice. I'm fine with returns so i think im still going to give SS a shot. I own a Napoli (sized down) and its a decent fit but it's a bit long on me still (I'm 5'9). I thought maybe the Lazios or Havanas might be better for my bro because they might be shorter cuts. Have you found this?

15. Hunter Smith

Thanks! Funny you mention that, I have my eye on this jpress tie which I hear is a more traditional width

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013