1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Bespoke DJP

Bespoke DJP Senior Member

Dear @jko,

I don't want to derail the thread, but since we are here to disseminate knowledge and I am a loyal Lanificio Zegna bespoke customer, I'll be very brief: there is a whole world difference between the two brands; whilst Cerruti is a middle-range kind of decadent firm - both in RTW garments and in the fabric business - Zegna is a first-class, vertically-integrated group where quality control is of utmost importance and this is evident in all measures and by all standards!

BTW, the lanificio Zegna traveller line is what the word says: a cloth that will endure the hassle of a traveling gentleman, which carries nevertheless the finesse and quality that goes with the brand without being one of its higher-level lines like Trofeo, 15 Milmil 15, etc.

Best,

Dimitris

2. pomor

pomor Senior Member

I mean, Cerruti supplied fabrics for the likes of Banana Republic and Massimo Dutti for years — 2 brands that are just a smidgen above your typical fast-fashion house...

3. The Dirk

The Dirk Senior Member

Just got my Hartford and it's pretty dope.

4. osw880

osw880 Active Member

Pics pics!!

5. ProperlySuited

ProperlySuited Member

Hi everyone!
    I really want to purchase a Washington suit yet I know, from trying one in real, that the jacket will be too long for me. I was wondering if any of you had experience with shortening it and how much it is possible to take in without throwing out the balance of the jacket.
    Thank you!!

6. nqtri

nqtri Senior Member

I personally think it is not a good idea to shorten a well proportioned suit jacket, and the Washington with the wide peak lapel and ticket pocket is a big no no. The length was there to balance the peak lapel and the ticket pocket is to break down the length to give a balanced visual effect. This means if you shorten the jacket you're killing the originally executed proportions and that will make the jacket look funny. Speaking from my real, recent experience of having to return a peak lapeled jacket with ticket pocket (not SuSu) partially because it visually looked short despite having the same length as my other notch lapeled jackets. Just my $0.02 as it's tough to say without seeing you wear it.

7. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

Agreed. Most jackets are too short these days anyway, including Susu.

8. The Dirk

The Dirk Senior Member

I will after I get the pants tailored. The side adjusters are pretty neat, though.

9. osw880

osw880 Active Member

I am going to Toronto store today to get the pants tailored. Finally got all my jackets

I own a hartford piece and it is beautiful.

35D22078-E9A9-416E-8449-A9C72C8C967B.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018 at 7:41 AM

10. h3ro

h3ro Senior Member

Love that navy check on the right! It was available in the Custom section and I had a Soho fit DB made in it. Great hand on that flannel.

11. SartyIrv

SartyIrv Active Member

Do you have the product code or the fabric code for this flannel?