STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. EUtroll

EUtroll Senior Member

I think SuSu mentioned in its thread that the first stuff should appear at the end of the month.

2. 7_rocket

7_rocket Distinguished Member

3. lax101

lax101 Member

I got a pair of their selvedge jeans from the outlet sale in their "Wyatt" fit. Lo and behold, the size chart was completely off, and the jeans run at least 1, if not 2 sizes smaller than what was listed online (used a tape measure and everything). Pretty ticked off right now.

4. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

SuSu trousers - and jeans also, apparently - are a gamble. I'm pretty slim, but even I have to size up. In the case of their Brentwood trousers, I have to go up two sizes to get sufficient room in the thigh. It's ridiculous.

Question for those who've tried SuSu's MTM programme: Can you base your suit on existing fits or do they fit you with something else? I want to base my jacket on the Washington and trousers on the Brentwood.

5. h3ro

h3ro Senior Member

The base seems to be some sort of Lazio hybrid that can be altered in most ways. Took a lot of fine turning for me to get it to fit like my preferred fit, the old Hudson.

6. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

Hmm. Good to know. I think the way to go is to make precise, but modest adjustments. That should at least reduce the possibility of it going completely wrong.

7. saskatoonjay

saskatoonjay Senior Member

It’s so lonely reading this thread from Canada right now—every link shared leads me to “SuitSupply outlet is not available in your country.”

8. jamie411

jamie411 Senior Member

I still think this Havana Blue Plain in E.Thomas Silk/Wool/Cashmere is one of the best steals of the outlet at $179. If I didn't already have a host of blue and navy sportcoats, I'd be all over it. I have the same material in a green jacket from Spier and Mackay, and its awesome.:

[​IMG]

9. Spunge

Spunge Member

Do you have any pics of green jacket? I'm thinking about grabbing this.

10. osw880

osw880 Active Member

I feel you.. I am from Canada too. However, you can always view the items using VPN brower and change the location within suitsupply website. At least Canadians can view things and can also buy if you have an address in US too.

I used my friend’s address and bought 1 suit and 3 sportscoats.

11. jamie411

jamie411 Senior Member

As I mentioned previously, if what you received is significantly off of specifications, you should reach out to customer service and see if they'll process a return. I've had success in the past, even though these items are final sale - if they send you the wrong item, or an item that is clearly not the size you bought, then they should accept the return, and usually do.

12. jamie411

jamie411 Senior Member

I don't, its at the tailor at the moment! I believe there were some pics posted in the Spier and Mackay thread a while back - but with the new website platform, I find it much harder to find pics that were posted!

13. JNewberg24

JNewberg24 Member

Completely on the fence bout this jacket... Still available but am not in love with the pattern... The price is almost too good to pass up

14. jamie411

jamie411 Senior Member

I would never advocate for buying something you don't love just because its a good deal. In that case, you're probably better off saving your money for something you really want. This jacket definitely has a lot of texture in the form of a slubby fabric, with different colored neps that show through. So if you're looking for a more classic jacket, this isn't it. But is a really nice soft, flexible fabric that will take you from casual to pretty dressy (as the pics on the website show). Just my opinion.

15. Spunge

Spunge Member

@JNewberg24 I just pulled the trigger on this jacket, after also being on the fence. Spier and Mackay's website has some better pictures of the fabric in other colors (gray, green, red, navy - not this shade of blue though) that might help you make a decision.