1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Gabru

Gabru Senior Member

Was happy to see a lot of Jorts in my size(40R) this morning that were not there yesterday. Pulled the trigger on a Jort grey suit and a Jort light brown sport coat ( wool silk linen). Also received the shipping notification by afternoon itself which is really quick...

2. teez

teez Member

Slightly concerned that my Navy Plain Jort hasn’t shipped yet. The Sienna from the same order shipped and everything else has shipped very quickly. They’ve been known to oversell and under deliver in the past... :/

3. CMAc7

CMAc7 Senior Member

Hoping for a restock overnight. I slept on and missed this in 36R. I feel regret this evening.

2545143C-2360-494F-9F55-54524ABB76FE.jpeg

4. askim35

askim35 Well-Known Member

What time have yall seen new inventory added? Middle of the night?

5. Vinsep

Vinsep Well-Known Member

If you recall, the jort released today has a fine print online exclusive at the bottom of the page. So they might come from a different warehouse or something. But if we don’t get it. So be it. At least we keep our money....

At the bottom of the outlet page, it says shipping takes up to 9 business days

6. Shuey

Shuey New Member

I checked at 5 am in ET US time (NYC). New inventory was stocked.

7. monkeynuts

monkeynuts Well-Known Member

FYI there are waistcoats that do not come up unless you clear the filters, since the filters on knitted items do not include numbered sizing.

8. jbc54

jbc54 Member

Looks like no new inventory and no price drops.

9. hotelmotel

hotelmotel New Member

Thoughts on what color this is? https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/washington-grey-stripe/P3577.html

Description header says "grey stripe". Description body says "brown striped". Hard to tell on a monitor what color it is. Customer service tried to be helpful but I didn't quite buy their explanation of "so it's both brown and grey" after they put me on hold for a few minutes.

10. yanks2182

yanks2182 Senior Member

11. jbc54

jbc54 Member

I don’t think you can go wrong with that as a summer suit. Looks good.

Has anyone here purchased any of He Havana SC’s of the outlet?

12. jbc54

jbc54 Member

I have a jacket that is very similar to the blue plain one, if not the same (mine looks less speckled than that one). I absolutely love it and wear it with chinos or light grey trousers for business casual. At $179 I'm surprised it is still up there.

13. slam

slam Well-Known Member

I picked up two Jort suits in blue birds eye and grey birds eye last night. Would have preferred the Navy suit, but I never saw it in my size, 40R.

Anyway, I can't find real pictures of these online anywhere and the grey suit pics were clearly messed up online and mixed with another grey Jort suit. Anyone have real pics of either of these suits?

I've also read a lot of people think the Jort line is made with nice fabrics but it is too casual because of the pockets. A lot of people prefer the Sienna or other styles. Thoughts?

14. teez

teez Member

Jort is certainly a little “odd” with the patch pockets. I think they add a slightly casual flair to an otherwise business professional suit that is increasingly welcome in our casualizing society.

Few other than the connoisseurs here would notice them anyway.