• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roman_empire

Reaction score
My camel coat arrived yesterday too. The material is supernice, but while the fit in the shoulders is nice, the coat hugs me way too tightly around the waist and also chest..

Gonna take it to the tailor to see if letting it out along the back or side seams would work.

I have exactly the same. The bleecker model (the blue DB coat) has slightly more room in these areas and fits me perfectly. Also that fabric is lighter compared to the camel coat so it is a bit more forgiving. I don't want to spend additional money on tailoring the camel coat to get it right if possible at all. Small guys with a slim waistline move to the front and buy the coat from me or I'll return it to the store shortly!

MrSuited

Reaction score
I have exactly the same. The bleecker model (the blue DB coat) has slightly more room in these areas and fits me perfectly. Also that fabric is lighter compared to the camel coat so it is a bit more forgiving. I don't want to spend additional money on tailoring the camel coat to get it right if possible at all. Small guys with a slim waistline move to the front and buy the coat from me or I'll return it to the store shortly!

Would you be able to post some more pictures of the coat and maybe a couple with you wearing the coat? I'd like to see the actual shade of camel in real photos.

samthegreat4

Reaction score
Might need to switch to the Bleecker cut then.
However, currently I'm thinking about ordering a size up and seeing how that works out. The shoulders are pretty snug in the size I have now, so maybe a size up would work out just fine. Alternatively for me, taking it to the tailor is also still an option. I wonder whether the tailor could make it work though..

EDIT: most sizes are out of stock again, so ordering a size up is not an option anymore now.

Last edited:

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simply stunning .. Better than a Men collection by a mile, IMO ..

RexBanner

Reaction score
ugh I don't really like this lol... I don't want SS becoming a brand like this.

kjmac

Reaction score
I can still recognize some of the old style hallmarks and distinguish the suits on that basis, but does anyone know if SuSu's construction changed? I searched for 'fully canvassed' and the only suit that returned was a Hartford from a prior season...

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simply stunning .. Better than a Men collection by a mile, IMO ..

I agree. I clearly could see my wife dressed up in some of these garments!

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of synthetic or man made fabrics in the womens collection.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of synthetic or man made fabrics in the womens collection.

I cannot speak for all women, but most women I know tend to not care as much about natural fibers, handmade lapel stitches, Milanese buttonholes or any other fuss that we, SFers, tend to like arguing about over here. Furtermore, ladies ai know will buy 5 pairs of 40$ trousers that will last a season, instead of a single 200$ one that could last longer.

I'm guessing that the company just tries to cut a bigger profit margin using synthetic fabrics, whereas the SuitSupply label, looking at the price:quality ratio, must live with a smaller profit percentage?

I'm no economist tho, just an hypothesis.

Last edited:

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes could be research based as you said or a business decision to just go with nice cuts but cheap cloth. Interesting eitherway in contrast to SuSu

papado

Reaction score
I also think on the women's-wear side you see an almost inherent acceptance of stretch built into 'work' clothing for comfort and even fit (i.e. a bodycon dress won't work in a fabric with no stretch...).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads