• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally took some time to snap the photo. If someone is interested I've got this 100% Cashmere Vest in lovely green colour. Jort Collection. M size.

20170810_095627.jpg

20170810_094959.jpg

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be selling a Linen 3 Piece Brown Lazio in a 38S soon. It's the one that is still for sale on their website.

Only thing done was having the pants hemmed.

Just PM me if interested, thanks.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How big is the leg opening on a typical 48/50 size suit?

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This varies by suit style, you can see the measurements of each fit on the site via the Size Guide option.
I cannot seem to find that. The measurements that I can see on the site are the inner leg, the waist, hip width and upper thigh, not the hem width. Anyone that owns a suit, let's say a Lazio/Havanna/Sienna that can give me an answer please. Is it leaning to 35-37cm or rather 38-40cm thank you.

h3ro

Reaction score
Due to the mess the recent name changes have caused, it might be best to just give them a call. I've always found their call staff to be very helpful.

star656

Reaction score
They added some more styles and restocked some.

What's more versatile with Navy and Grey, a camel overcoat or brown herringbone?
I'm interested in an answer as well.

Also, if anybody has thoughts on suit supply's rain coats as well.

I recently replaced a number of my OTR suits and jackets with DYO (with in-store adjustments that are surprisingly comprehensive) Napolis and Havanas. Tried on an overcoat in vicenza cut and it fits great OTR (though I might have the length shortened a tad). I feared I'd have to go MTM. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for the winter final sale.

I tried on this in the store: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/coats/navy-overcoat/J497I.html?cgid=Coats and I was suitably impressed. I feel like it is very versatile and can be formal and less so. I don't wear overcoats much but tempted to get something like this from the spring/summer vs a camel or plain wool from fall/winter as it is a bit lighter.

star656

Reaction score
Awesome. Please let us know how it turns out.

I'm looking for a mid-light grey flannel or herringbone two piece that can be broken up easily. 48L Washington Half base-model with soft canvassing, standard shoulders, wide notch lapels with a lower gorge, a longer jacket with a lower buttoning point, curved patch pockets and proper high rise trousers with front-facing double pleats and roomier thighs.

I recently received a DYO 2 piece in their lighter gray flannel wool and a standard navy in the Havana fits. I plan on wearing primarily as separates (already have worn the jackets once each). I don't wear suiting every day, mainly to conferences and more formal events.

Is there a way you gents keep your separates in somewhat the same condition so they obviously do not look terrible when worn together? Eg. Only wear trousers and jacket the same number of times or together? Only dry clean the same amount of times?

Wrenkin

Reaction score
If you wear it as a suit I think the trousers will wear faster, no matter what you do. More friction. I would dry clean them together if possible to avoid uneven colour fading.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@jeep364 In addition to what has already been suggested, I would advise against regular dry-cleaning. Brushing the suit down after each wear is a good way to extend the life of the suit without subjecting it to the harshness of dry cleaning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads