• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tobylav

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm roughly 6'6" 240lb.

I recently bought a Tux in 60R (Lazio) which fits fine (needed sleeve lengthening - a PITA with functional button holes) but could be improved. I would have liked the jacket to be longer, but it was the best I could do in the short period of time I had.

I since bought a 118L Napoli Navy Pinstripe which, although the specifications on the website looked great, is too tight in the armpit and causes pulling on the sleeves (and thus must be returned). It is great everywhere else. I took it to a tailor who said it is simply too tight in the armpit and there isn't fabric to let it out. My question is, in essence, is there going to be a size which fits me ok?

As I live in Australia, going into a store to try them on is not a feasible option.

Thanks in advance

harbenly

Reaction score
Ahah thanks but actually as said just after my message, the solution to access the US outlet from Europe was way simpler : you just need to go to SuitSupply website front page, click on the globe on the top-right corner and select "US".

But maybe your message was aimed as if I wanted to buy from US and ship to France, which was not my main objective (prices are way lower in Europe, and I didn't have a desperate need to buy something, I was just curious and checked everything that was available)

Anyway still thanks for your reply !

No problem buddy.

mbaltazar

Reaction score
So, Hudson and Washington as well as Madison and Soho are discontinued and everything is Havana now with different styling? I don’t think it’s a glitch. I think I might have a chat with a sales rep. Very confusing move if true...

Not only confusing but it also doesn't makes much sense.

If different cuts have different "names", which have different details, why should a regular Havana be single breasted or double breasted? Have a patch breast pocket and and a Hudson-like shoulder finishing?

Well, why don't all the other classic cut styles be just called Lazio, with different details?

It's not only confusing but also stupid.

h3ro

Reaction score
So I just had a lovely discussion with a Suitsupply customer care representative regarding the reorganization effort that has left us all confounded and the conclusion is that this is no software or website glitch.

For this season, the Suitsupply hierarchy have decided to re-categorize every suit into a 'Traditional'/'Contemporary'/'Slim' fit system. The traditional fits will remain your Napolis, Lazio, York, etc. All other fits outside of the Washington, which they term as their 'Slim' fit, will be branded as a "Havana".

The idiocy of this decision was not lost on the before mentioned Suitsupply hierarchy as they have provided their customer reps with a 'cheat sheet' which literally breaks down the suits as a "Havana - Hudson" and "Havana - Madison".

The gentleman, who was fantastic and professional, seemed as enthused about this change as we all do.

All I know is, I'm really excited to see more of this new cut with the extra wide lapels and ticket pockets applied to some different fabrics. The representative did not have a name for this new cut as of yet as, in the new parlance, it's just a Havana.

The Dirk

Reaction score
So I just had a lovely discussion with a Suitsupply customer care representative regarding the reorganization effort that has left us all confounded and the conclusion is that this is no software or website glitch.

For this season, the Suitsupply hierarchy have decided to re-categorize every suit into a 'Traditional'/'Contemporary'/'Slim' fit system. The traditional fits will remain your Napolis, Lazio, York, etc. All other fits outside of the Washington, which they term as their 'Slim' fit, will be branded as a "Havana".

The idiocy of this decision was not lost on the before mentioned Suitsupply hierarchy as they have provided their customer reps with a 'cheat sheet' which literally breaks down the suits as a "Havana - Hudson" and "Havana - Madison".

The gentleman, who was fantastic and professional, seemed as enthused about this change as we all do.

All I know is, I'm really excited to see more of this new cut with the extra wide lapels and ticket pockets applied to some different fabrics. The representative did not have a name for this new cut as of yet as, in the new parlance, it's just a Havana.
Thanks for taking the time and sharing this new info with us. I'm with you on that new wide lapel suit! I'm hoping to see it in a few different colors and weights, but I definitely think I'll be picking one up sooner or later.

Nemesis_4

Reaction score

Thanks for sharing, but yes extremely silly.

I'm surprised they are removing some of the names that helped to define differentiation of cuts/fits and putting all under just 'Havana'. Granted probably not too hard to figure out for long time customers that are familiar with the cuts- though wouldn't this leave a new customer fairly confused?

Last edited:

CMAc7

Reaction score
I just want to know why. Who does this help? If only I could have been a fly on the wall of that boardroom...

mbaltazar

Reaction score
I just want to know why. Who does this help? If only I could have been a fly on the wall of that boardroom...

Being the boardroom in The Netherlands, perhaps they were all eating space cookies and smoking "cigarettes that make you laugh" when they took this great decision...

osw880

Reaction score
I am completely confused and lost. I thought I figured out all the differences of each models/cuts, now I don't know where to start. They are all Havanas!!! :censored:

h3ro

Reaction score
I am completely confused and lost. I thought I figured out all the differences of each models/cuts, now I don't know where to start. They are all Havanas!!! :censored:
It's going to take more attention to the individual characteristics of the cuts now to discern fit.

As in:
Barchetta chest pocket/Patch pockets - Old Havana fit
Patch pockets all around - 'Havana' Hudson
Wide Belly Lapel DB with a button hole on each lapel - 'Havana' Madison
Straight belly lapel DB with a button hole on single lapel - 'Havana' Soho
etc, etc

osw880

Reaction score
It's going to take more attention to the individual characteristics of the cuts now to discern fit.

As in:
Barchetta chest pocket/Patch pockets - Old Havana fit
Patch pockets all around - 'Havana' Hudson
Wide Belly Lapel DB with a button hole on each lapel - 'Havana' Madison
Straight belly lapel DB with a button hole on single lapel - 'Havana' Soho
etc, etc
Yeah. I also browsed around the new products and found my way last night. I even noticed that they changed the name for the last season products. For example, Madison and Soho from 2016 Fall/Winter collection, they are all now shown as havanas.

Thanks for your kind explanation!

EUtroll

Reaction score
I'll not even try to understand their logic but remember that the SF user is rarely the typical customer.

dunelly

Reaction score
Got a Havana Navy in 36r that doesnt fit for sale. Trying to downsize to a 34r. PM ME!

n2pua

Reaction score

did they mention the future of the highest end stuff like the Jort/La Spalla/Hartford ?

pomor

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, but yes extremely silly.

I'm surprised they are removing some of the names that helped to define differentiation of cuts/fits and putting all under just 'Havana'. Granted probably not too hard to figure out for long time customers that are familiar with the cuts- though wouldn't this leave a new customer fairly confused?
Especially since most of the current summer collection will be available until February 2018 with previous categorizations... Think of when you are in a brick and mortar vs. online to add to the confusion (unless they retag which I doubt they will take the time).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads