Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. notdos

notdos Well-Known Member

Both my SC's and scarf, shipped. Nothing yet on ties.

2. The Dirk

The Dirk Well-Known Member

I ordered 1 suit, 2 shirts, and 2 ties and everything is shipped and should arrive tomorrow according to the tracker. I guess I'll be taking a little journey back to my homeland( the US). I ordered from Canada and had no issues, having a Canadian billing address and credit card.

3. h3ro

h3ro Senior member

Their 7 Fold ties are actually quite nice. I've been able to secure the trio of a solid Navy, Brown and Navy pin dot pure silk 7 folds by way of the outlet and quite enjoy the way they hold a double four-in-hand.
    I agree though, a lot of their ties seem to be made of the same materials used in their jackets/suits and the material/lining combination is just too thick to give a clean knot and fall of the tie.
    Some of my shirts are out for delivery and I should be receiving them later today. Looking forward to putting the cutaway collar denim shirt I picked up to work right away!

4. Textbook

Textbook New Member

Outlet isn't open to UK customers - gutted!

5. Adrian Beckham

Adrian Beckham Senior member

Got one part of my delivery today, a gray wool soho. Fit is almost spot on for the jacket, just need some waist trimming, and pants will definitely need some work. What's I found interesting is that the order that shipped form NL got here today, but the one that originated from New Jersey won't be here until Saturday.

6. askim35

askim35 Active Member

IMG_9386.PNG IMG_9387.JPG IMG_9388.JPG Got a part of my orders in today. Thought the Lazio would be a lighter grey like in pictures but it's definitely darker in person. Not sure I like that pattern either. Other than that I love everything else

7. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

Received my light brown Havana SC today. The sleeves were already shortened to my desired length,which i find odd. Usually Havana that I order at retail require sleeve shortening. I might be an "outlet" thing.

8. askim35

askim35 Active Member

IMG_9384.JPG IMG_9385.JPG Another gripe. My Washington came with this white stain on the lapel :( Emailed CS to see what they can do about it

9. Kelvin0683

Kelvin0683 Active Member

Received my Washington 34R in Pure Linen today. Suit looks pretty nice, gonna make some alterations in store soon. Can anyone attest to the quality of SuSu linen? Don't have much to compare it to since I've only had suits made of wool.

Gray Plain.JPG

10. q1445

q1445 Active Member

I have ordered from many of the past outlet sales. Many of the items I have received have had issues or flaws. Ties with crooked patterns or creases, ink spots on shirts. Flaws in the suit fabric, pre hemmed and altered pants. Sweaters with small holes. Most of which were probably returned items. I have also received many new quality items. So when ordering from an outlet just remembered there is a reason it discounted at 50% off or more.

11. q1445

q1445 Active Member

I have been very happy with my linen suits! They have been very comfortable and great for warm weather. They wrinkle more than wool as expected but not as bad as other linen pieces I have seen. I would say they are noticeably lighter than their 110 wool and also cooler. I picked up a Hudson in a blue check pattern last Outlet and it has quickly become my favorite summer suit.

12. EUtroll

EUtroll Senior member

Somewhat annoyed that they're shipping things over the pond but is not opening the outlet on the European side...

13. Kelvin0683

Kelvin0683 Active Member

Is it wearable in the winter as well? Obviously it's going to be cooler but if I layer, will it still be warm?