• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SuitSupply Lazio: Fit Check and Opinions w/ pics

bigsmall11

Reaction score
Hello, this is a SuitSupply Lazio Dark Grey in 36S. I have not had any tailoring done yet and the cuffs/vents are still stitched up. My initial observations are the sleeves need to be lengthened and the pants need to be shortened. I have attached 6 different pictures below. If you could please share your thoughts on the fit/cut of the suit that would be appreciated. My style senses are modern with classical styling as I am 23 years old.

I appreciate your thoughts and help!

m9vg47.jpg

6p1g5i.jpg

o86geq.jpg

a3hyja.jpg

20saxyv.jpg

2usg1sx.jpg

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit of the coat is reasonable as RTW goes and you have captured the two bad infelicities - the sleeves and trouser length. Are you sure that there is enough cloth to lengthen the sleeves? You are hoping for a significant lengthening and RTW manufacturers are not known for wasting cloth.

Going on the waist of the coat is a tad too tight but you really must unfasten the vents to allow it to hang normally before making a judgement. Given that tightness I fear that anything put into the inside breast pockets will simply produce an unsightly bulge which I view as a dreadful mistake which can ruin the lines of a suit. Others may not be as harsh on this but is the difference between a well fitting garment and another. Any decent bespoke cutter should ask whether you are likely to put a wallet in one and make due allowance. Alternately as part of his general assessment of his client to determine figuration and fit he would quietly observe the point.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For RTW the jacket is not bad. There should be enough room in the sleeves for lengthening, but since the sleeve buttonholes are working they may appear to be a bit higher up on the sleeve than would be ideal. The trousers do not hang well at all. It might just be the effect of their being too long--you should see if they look better pinned to the correct length.

bigsmall11

Reaction score
The fit of the coat is reasonable as RTW goes and you have captured the two bad infelicities - the sleeves and trouser length. Are you sure that there is enough cloth to lengthen the sleeves? You are hoping for a significant lengthening and RTW manufacturers are not known for wasting cloth.

Going on the waist of the coat is a tad too tight but you really must unfasten the vents to allow it to hang normally before making a judgement. Given that tightness I fear that anything put into the inside breast pockets will simply produce an unsightly bulge which I view as a dreadful mistake which can ruin the lines of a suit. Others may not be as harsh on this but is the difference between a well fitting garment and another. Any decent bespoke cutter should ask whether you are likely to put a wallet in one and make due allowance. Alternately as part of his general assessment of his client to determine figuration and fit he would quietly observe the point.

Thanks for noting the need for cloth to lengthen the sleeves. There is enough to let it out a half an inch and combined with the sleeve length of my shirt being a tad long I believe that the lengthening of the jacket sleeve by a half inch combined with a tad shorter shirt sleeve may just be able to pass. Your thoughts?

Great point about unfastening the vents. I should have done this for the picture and will do it the next time I try the jacket on. I also believe that you noted a very important observation about the jacket tightness. I believe it is borderline OK right now, any tighter and it would be noticeably tight. Do you think it looks just too tight how it is now? You are right that if I put a wallet in my jacket pockets it would protrude and look off. Luckily I keep my card wallet in my pant pocket. I'll ask my tailor about the breast pockets and making the necessary adjustments if required. Thank you for your observations!

bigsmall11

Reaction score
For RTW the jacket is not bad. There should be enough room in the sleeves for lengthening, but since the sleeve buttonholes are working they may appear to be a bit higher up on the sleeve than would be ideal. The trousers do not hang well at all. It might just be the effect of their being too long--you should see if they look better pinned to the correct length.

I agree there is enough for lengthening as I mentioned in my other reply. With the button holes because they are functioning do you think a half in more in length will cause it to look off to the eye? If this is the case I was planning on adding an additional fifth button, thoughts on this?

I agree the trousers in these pictures look terrible. I am hoping it is the length needing to be hemmed as I can imagine why they would look this off as the jacket fits pretty well.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree there is enough for lengthening as I mentioned in my other reply. With the button holes because they are functioning do you think a half in more in length will cause it to look off to the eye? If this is the case I was planning on adding an additional fifth button, thoughts on this?

I agree the trousers in these pictures look terrible. I am hoping it is the length needing to be hemmed as I can imagine why they would look this off as the jacket fits pretty well.

You could add a fifth button for balance. If you don't have a good match, then you'll have to decide whether it's worth replacing all of the buttons for this reason.

If you can still return the suit, do not have it altered (in which case it is probably not returnable) until you try pinning the trouser legs to the correct length. No need to have them hemmed to figure this out.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for noting the need for cloth to lengthen the sleeves. There is enough to let it out a half an inch and combined with the sleeve length of my shirt being a tad long I believe that the lengthening of the jacket sleeve by a half inch combined with a tad shorter shirt sleeve may just be able to pass. Your thoughts?

Great point about unfastening the vents. I should have done this for the picture and will do it the next time I try the jacket on. I also believe that you noted a very important observation about the jacket tightness. I believe it is borderline OK right now, any tighter and it would be noticeably tight. Do you think it looks just too tight how it is now? You are right that if I put a wallet in my jacket pockets it would protrude and look off. Luckily I keep my card wallet in my pant pocket. I'll ask my tailor about the breast pockets and making the necessary adjustments if required. Thank you for your observations!

I think that the point of lengthening the sleeves is to go as far as there is cloth to allow it. I'd say half an inch is somewhat meagre but with a slightly shorter shirt sleeve it would reasonably pass muster.

The waist of the coat is just over tight in my view. It does not allow very much for putting on the odd pound or two in weight, that is something we all do despite our best efforts otherwise. I'd suggest that you have your tailor stitch up the inside pockets so that you can't inadvertently or by habit use them. Some would see it as draconian but that is well worth taking the step. I have given up having back pockets in most trousers and to break my habit of using them, I've had those stitched up very tight, in fact a couple of pairs have been stitched up and the pocket then cut off. This all works well for me.

bigsmall11

Reaction score
I think that the point of lengthening the sleeves is to go as far as there is cloth to allow it. I'd say half an inch is somewhat meagre but with a slightly shorter shirt sleeve it would reasonably pass muster.

The waist of the coat is just over tight in my view. It does not allow very much for putting on the odd pound or two in weight, that is something we all do despite our best efforts otherwise. I'd suggest that you have your tailor stitch up the inside pockets so that you can't inadvertently or by habit use them. Some would see it as draconian but that is well worth taking the step. I have given up having back pockets in most trousers and to break my habit of using them, I've had those stitched up very tight, in fact a couple of pairs have been stitched up and the pocket then cut off. This all works well for me.

Never considered stitching up the pockets to prevent accidental usage, thanks for the advice.

bigsmall11

Reaction score
Size up. The jacket is too short and the trousers are too slim.

I agree the jacket and pants are just barley to short/slim. However, if I size up to a 38S I am swimming in the jacket in all areas and pants are too baggy. I have a 36S in the Napoli arriving tomorrow which should provide a little more room/ length in the jacket as well as looser pants. My problem is I am just larger then a 36S where as going to a 38S is just too big in most suits for me.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would doubt that. I think it's probably the aesthetic you're going for. Perhaps you like the slim look that Suit Supply peddles and that's fine. But indeed, the shoulders look slightly too narrow and the seat (of the jacket) looks too tight. I suspect that sizing up would be just fine as far as my tastes are concerned. If your tastes differ then you must make decisions based on that. But then you are challenged with a choice. Assume my aesthetic and look good, or remain with yours. :)

bigsmall11

Reaction score
I would doubt that. I think it's probably the aesthetic you're going for. Perhaps you like the slim look that Suit Supply peddles and that's fine. But indeed, the shoulders look slightly too narrow and the seat (of the jacket) looks too tight. I suspect that sizing up would be just fine as far as my tastes are concerned. If your tastes differ then you must make decisions based on that. But then you are challenged with a choice. Assume my aesthetic and look good, or remain with yours. :)

I do appreciate the advice. I looked through your instagram and your style is very nice. You are correct I am going for a more fitted look (not tight however). I'll see if the Napoli alleviates some of the concerns in fit that you and others have voiced. In looking at the Napoli vs. the Lazio measurements, everything seems to be a bit larger size for size when comparing the two.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads