• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitsupply jort for everyday wear?

kwookoh

Reaction score
What is the durability/quality of suitsupply's jort line like? People often say super 150s are unfit for everyday wear so I'm wary of pulling the trigger on the jort for work attire. But the fine-ness of the wool isn't the only criteria for suit durability/quality so I would like some feedback. Thanks alot.

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super 150 is not ideal for daily use unless there are compelling climate reasons.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Came here expecting this:

Now leaving.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will happily to wear s150 everyday, as long as you have an office job the suit will not tear down quick.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't 150s tend to get wrinkles fairly easily? I'd imagine it wouldn't be an everyday suit just for that reason unless you can press it a couple times per week.

IChen

Reaction score
I've seen 1-2 150s that show a little of the suit construction...little odd but yeah...
From my experience, pretty easy to wrinkle and definitely not something that would be suited for daily use.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It really depends on the cloth... not just the number.

+1, I've never had a wrinkle problem with my kiton S180's or Brioni 150's. And keep in mind that high end 100's might sometimes beat out **** 150/180/200's when it comes to fabric feel. My main point is just not to get caught up in the whole Super whatever ranking system. If you want a pretty crude test then walk into the store crumple the sleeve a bit and see how well it bounces back that will give you a rough idea of what you are going to be dealing with.

Lesauskas

Reaction score
I bought JORT blue birdseye and it wears pretty good if you keep in mind that is not a MTM or Bespoke suit.

Nice Uncle Al

Reaction score
I have a super 150’s navy DB Jort suit, which has seen some good use over the past year. Some stretches of once per week in hot weather, as the fabric and construction feels much better than SuSu 120’s or Havana cottons, for comparison.

Often I take this suit traveling for work, so it gets 2 wears in 4 days. Overall, depending on how rough of a wearer you are, expect some normal creasing at joints, and be prepared to steam press it more often. But that said, the high armholes and floating canvas really make the suit feel a world apart from SuSu standard, and comparable to more high end suits in my rotation (D’Avenza or Zegna),, and of course much more bang for the buck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads