• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SuitShopping-Jos. A. Bank Vs. Charles Tyrwhitt Vs. Brooks Bro's-Which is better?

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ignore VinnyMac - he has some weird axe to grind on BB vs. JAB.

Typical group-think/fan-boy logic. Someone disagrees, so they must have "an axe to grind." Maybe it's just what I said in my post.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vinnie Mac just likes to get a rise out of people by saying idiotic things.

As for buying an 1818, December 26 is the best day to buy a suit. 30% off plus an additional 15-20% off for purchases that morning. Go try something on next week and have the SA set it aside until the 26th. I got my 1818 suit for $505 plus tax last year.

Blindly brand-whoring is idiotic. The truth is just...the truth. The 30% discount plus an additional 15-20% off gets past the price issue that I pointed out. PLAY BALL!

Last edited:

mcbrown

Reaction score

Typical group-think/fan-boy logic. Someone disagrees, so they must have "an axe to grind." Maybe it's just what I said in my post.

Nope, not a fan-boy (god help anyone who is a "fan" of a clothing store...). I've just noticed you tend to poop on BB aggressively at every opportunity without ever providing any evidence for your assertions of poor quality, which makes it sound like you have a personal agenda of some kind. Maybe you don't. But it sure seems like you do.

In any case, I've already spent more time on this than I intended. Happy holidays, VinnyMac. Mcbrown out.

Reaction score
Nope, not a fan-boy (god help anyone who is a "fan" of a clothing store...). I've just noticed you tend to poop on BB aggressively at every opportunity without ever providing any evidence for your assertions of poor quality, which makes it sound like you have a personal agenda of some kind. Maybe you don't. But it sure seems like you do.
In any case, I've already spent more time on this than I intended. Happy holidays, VinnyMac. Mcbrown out.

Not to drag VinnyMac's point out anymore,

ut isn't it true that most if not all major suit or any other clothing supplier no matter the price or "quality" of the products they offer employ the same methods, labor etc to make their items? For example, whenever I compare clothes like shirts, pants etc. whether it be from low, mid, or high range sellers they all seem to share something in common-They all have the tag "Made in China", India, Pakistan, et where the ways and means to make their suits, trousers, or polos is often cheap and of low quality.

So in the marco view of things isn't it all just same crap to be blunt(not trying to hurt anyone's views of their favorite sellers or anything) it's just how I see these whole debates.

Badandy

Reaction score

Not to drag VinnyMac's point out anymore,

ut isn't it true that most if not all major suit or any other clothing supplier no matter the price or  "quality" of the products they offer employ the same methods, labor etc to make their items? For example, whenever I compare clothes like shirts, pants etc. whether it be from low, mid, or high range sellers they all seem to share something in common-They all have the tag "Made in China", India, Pakistan, et where the ways and means to make their suits, trousers, or polos is often cheap and of low quality.

So in the marco view of things isn't it all just same crap to be blunt(not trying to hurt anyone's views of their favorite sellers or anything) it's just how I see these whole debates.

There exist many different levels of quality of items made in China. It's ignorant to say they're all on the same level.

Reaction score
If you thought something seemed off then why buy?

Well not with the suits themselves which appear to be fine and comparable to anything else. I bought the ties because the were something like 70% off the regular price along with the suits that I purchased.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads