• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

suits

wncjzpa

Reaction score
Dont be dumb, just wondering if there are any brands that are more popular based on fit, cost, etc.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wncjzpa
Dont be dumb, just wondering if there are any brands that are more popular based on fit, cost, etc.

Ya know, I just don't see this thread ending well but I will go with the benefit of the doubt here.

If you search the forum you will find a wide variety of suit styles and brands are well regarded- from Saville Row Bespoke, to Italian houses such as Kiton, Isaia and Belvest.

If you narrow down the question, you will find much more helpful replies.

What suits do you tend to favour?

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having phrased it that way I'm sure you'll get better answers.

For me, I've wandered a bit (RTW and bespoke, HK and USA and London) and think I've settled on a source or two for my suits. See the threads I've started recently. "HK Tailors: A-Man Hing Cheong and WW Chan" and also "Chan DB". If anything particularly interests you in there, try the search function and you'll find much more that has accumulated in these parts over the years.

Welcome.

Siggy

Reaction score
Those are indulgent and kind responses to an asshat.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Hey, why did Horace get banned, anyway?
Alan's got a point. You guys are being really inflammatory as of late to the new people here for no reason. "Don't be dumb," on his part was a little jerkish too, though.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well there are a couple fairly new members that have been making some rather prickish posts lately. Time and the "goodness" of the board usually sorts things out. The Vaclav/Shooman paranoia is outlandish though.

ATM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
The Vaclav/Shooman paranoia is outlandish though.
That sounds like something Vaclav or Shooman would say to throw us off their trail. I'm keeping an eye on you!

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wncjzpa

Buddy. Do yourself a favor. If you want a useful and informative answer from members, state your question in that manner OK? We are not mind readers ..

progressive

Reaction score
Another alternative would be to answer the initial question with a like degree for precision.

Therefor, my response is wool. I generally wear wool suits. Though I do make exceptions based on time of year and circumstances.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 117 33.6%
  • 8”

Votes: 104 29.9%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%