• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suits/sport coats in NYC—SuitSupply, The Armory, Other

huxbnynyc

Reaction score
Relatively new here on SF and looking to revamp my work wardrobe. I’m a partner at a law firm, early 40’s, who does a lot of work with tech companies. Office dress is more west coast than east. I wear a decent amount of sport coats but sometimes a good suit is needed. What are the best go to places in NYC for quality, style, value? I’ve heard good things about SuitSupply, The Armory and the new JPress. What abour Proper Cloth and Ledbury? Definitely looking to invest in wardrobe, tailoring, etc.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Relatively new here on SF and looking to revamp my work wardrobe. I’m a partner at a law firm, early 40’s, who does a lot of work with tech companies. Office dress is more west coast than east. I wear a decent amount of sport coats but sometimes a good suit is needed. What are the best go to places in NYC for quality, style, value? I’ve heard good things about SuitSupply, The Armory and the new JPress. What abour Proper Cloth and Ledbury? Definitely looking to invest in wardrobe, tailoring, etc.
Following.

Emthigious

Reaction score
I'll be visiting NYC (and the USA) for the first time in a couple of weeks, so following as well!

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing how many threads like this ask for recommendations without providing a budget. You will of course get very different answers depending on whether you are willing to spend $700 vs $3000. “Value” and “quality” are unhelpful as these is all in the eye of the beholder.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's