1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suits going longer for fall?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DGP, Sep 1, 2006.

1. DGP

DGP Distinguished Member

I was just looking on the "Catwalk" section of Zegna's website, and to my eye it appears that suits are being cut a bit longer this season than last. I see jackets going half-way down the thumb, instead of to the wrist. Just me? Also, I figured out why shots for fashion shows might show suits shorter than intended: the guy who fitted me for my MTM Zegna this summer told me that he often works at Zegna's shows, and they send only R length suits, but the models are often over 6', and they appear short. Not sure how truthful that is, but it makes sense.

2. luk-cha

luk-cha Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

dont worry prabably just short modals!

3. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

... that doesn't even make sense luk-cha.

4. luk-cha

luk-cha Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

just that these models were short, meaning not tall perhap they borrow the model from thom browne[​IMG]

5. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Stylish Dinosaur

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Oops, sorry. I thought this was the "other" longer thread...over in Body Consciousness.[​IMG]

6. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Distinguished Member

Suit length can be a fashion statement or part of one's personal style. Zegna is most likely trying to capture a fashion buzz from Thom Browne.

7. DGP

DGP Distinguished Member

Suit length can be a fashion statement or part of one's personal style. Zegna is most likely trying to capture a fashion buzz from Thom Browne.

I was hoping long was back to stay, lol. I have to get my suits longer, or they look goofy. I'm mostly leg, so either the jacket comes down to far on my legs, but has the right overall length (cutting my body in half) or it's too short overall but comes to the right place on the leg. In general, I opt for the longer. I get the suit so the hem on the jacket comes down to where my fingers meet my hand (and I can just curl my fingers under the hem. That's what my father and grandfather taught me, anyways.