• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suits for Groom and his best men on the beach - Recommendations

Eli

Reaction score
Hi Boys,

I really enjoy reading these boards for great suggestions and information.
Usually, I can properly dress myself, or at least I would like to think so.

But now it will involve a lot more people and it needs to be timeless so I come to you for suggestions.

I am getting married in November. The weather is very hot during the day but cools down during the evening to the point where going long sleeve and pants is very comfortable. The wedding pictures will start around 5:30 and the ceremony will be on the beach before sunset around 6:45.
We won't be on the beach for too long and afterwards we have a 1 minute walk to the restaurant in front of the hotel. The restaurant is obviously reserved for us. Also it's very important to note the restaurant is ALL WHITE. Chairs, bar, everything.. so me wearing a white suit is out of the question.

I have 5 groomsmen. I still don't know what color the bridesmaids are going for.

I'm looking for full suggestions meaning what I should wear and what the groomsmen should wear + what color shirt.

What I have in mind was a very light gray cotton suit (they are all going to be custom tailored by my long time friend). Possibly with a plain white shirt and a blue tie (my fiancÃ
00a9.png
es favorite color).
For the groomsmen, I was thinking, 'Captain style'. White pants, dark blue almost navy blazer. White shirt with blue stripes.
I'm still trying to picture all of this so bare with me.

Thanks for every contribution.

Eli

Reaction score
anyone can answer... don't be shy.
eh.gif

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eli
Hi Boys, I really enjoy reading these boards for great suggestions and information. Usually, I can properly dress myself, or at least I would like to think so. But now it will involve a lot more people and it needs to be timeless so I come to you for suggestions. I am getting married in November. The weather is very hot during the day but cools down during the evening to the point where going long sleeve and pants is very comfortable. The wedding pictures will start around 5:30 and the ceremony will be on the beach before sunset around 6:45. We won't be on the beach for too long and afterwards we have a 1 minute walk to the restaurant in front of the hotel. The restaurant is obviously reserved for us. Also it's very important to note the restaurant is ALL WHITE. Chairs, bar, everything.. so me wearing a white suit is out of the question. I have 5 groomsmen. I still don't know what color the bridesmaids are going for. I'm looking for full suggestions meaning what I should wear and what the groomsmen should wear + what color shirt. What I have in mind was a very light gray cotton suit (they are all going to be custom tailored by my long time friend). Possibly with a plain white shirt and a blue tie (my fiancÃ
00a9.png
es favorite color). For the groomsmen, I was thinking, 'Captain style'. White pants, dark blue almost navy blazer. White shirt with blue stripes. I'm still trying to picture all of this so bare with me. Thanks for every contribution.

I would do linen myself. Beige or light gray with a light blue shirt and no tie. To me a tie at a beach wedding is too formal. Again, just my opinion. As far as groomsmen, maybe light blue or something light in colour with light coloured pants (stone, khaki, etc) . Navy is fine, but might be hot in the sun. Edit: something like this looks good to me...
lightsuit.jpg

wetnose

Reaction score
I think you should be wearing a suit in navy (mohair, perhaps?) with a navy satin tie - it's a nod to tradition and you will stand out in the restaurant. Your groomsmen can wear the light grey suits and navy ties.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads