• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suits and Shirts

UK2004

Reaction score
Am really glad to of found this forum, been looking for something with fellow clothing fans for a while.

Are there any good books that discuss suits like Brioni, Canali, Zegna and quality and also any magazines in UK that discuss men's formal fashion?

Also, what's the general consensus here on the best suit, are there lots of fans of Brioni, personally I love them, also like Kenzo though and Corneliani.

UK2004

Reaction score
No replies?

Anyone got any experience of Harvie and Hudson shirts, what's your feeling compared with Hilditch and Key and Turnbull and Asser and other Jermyn Street shirtmakers?

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh my goodness: Armani fan, here.
2144005230.jpg
But a number of forum posters can converse with you about Brioni, Canali and Zegna. I have worn Zegna sweaters. I'm drawn to their quirky color palette, but find Zegna to run a little bit small. Regarding your shirtmakers, again: I try to stick to Armani. Other posters should be able to talk to you, about the brands that you've mentioned.

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many people here like Brioni. But I don't know how many find it in their price range. Zegna is also a favorite, though I believe people are really gaga over their fabrics, which I gather are used by many other suitmakers. That's all I got for you, keep being patient.

UK2004

Reaction score
Ivan funny you mention Armani, I am a mad fan of Armani Collezioni but not keen on Armani Jeans and Emporio but Collezioni make my favourite shirts.

I was in Bond Street today and finally the Kiton shop London flagship store has opened, lovely suits and shirts, there is also a Corneliani store opening on London's Bond Street. Am highly of the opiion that Jermyn Street shirtmakers don't match up, tried on H and H and Hilditch and Key and looked at New and Lingwood, stiill prefer, Brioni, Corneliani, Zegna, Kiton etc.

UK2004

Reaction score
Anyone here had a Crichton shirt from Sackville Street from London, what are your views?

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Own two Harvie and Hudson shirts. I like them but got them for a good deal a few years back. Would never pay full retail for them but a nice shirt. They arent the fullest fit but not slim either.

Not sure on books that discuss the brands mentioned. Books by Alan Flusser are good on general info, then there is another that escapes my mind now. Brioni did a book on boutiners (SP?).

I think the best suit is what you like. Some will argue that cost may be the way to judge the best, IE Brioni if you can find it fro $700 on sale is the best. Or the best quality or who has the most handwork or best fabics and lastly who has the best fit for that person. Keep reading the forums. Try different brands and find out what fits you the best, what fabrics you like, and what quality/price ratio is best for you. The key word here is YOU. Don't let us make your decisions for you. Everyone is different. keep reading the forums you can learn a lot here but its a learning process. I've changed my taste and opinions a lot in the last few years as I keep learning more.

Also to get better responses ask more specific questions and not all in one post.

Hope I don't sound like a dick (please don't read that way) just trying to help you out so you get better responses.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads