• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suitauthority.com?

blistex649

Reaction score
Hey Folks, first time poster. I've browsed through this site here and there previously, and definitely can see the knowledge of the members here regarding suits, brands, quality, make, etc.

With that in mind, I'm not too knowledgeable about suits, shirts and all, but I was hoping if maybe anybody had any experience with this website www.suitauthority.com? (I know I will be flamed, but please take it easy
worship.gif
)

The reason I'm asking is I'm getting married this year. And instead of getting my groomsmen to pay for a tux rental ($150 -$180 range, with me chipping in of course) I had thought it was better to get any ol suit they could wear that day, and wear it for another since they wouldn't have to return it. They do not really want to spend for a more decent suit and are fine with a cheaper suit since its better than nothing.

The web site I listed looked ok, however, I was not able to find a review of it online. The suits available are the same as from another web site megasuits.com which there are some review. Mostly negative it seems.

So I was wondering if anybody had any experience or heard any stories of suitauthority.com? I know it won't be that great, but I'm just looking for something on par with a basic rental, or something that won't overly glare out and look 'odd' in the photos.

The suits I'm looking at is: http://www.suitauthority.com/index.p...oducts&id=2330

http://www.suitauthority.com/index.p...oducts&id=2323 ( I was able to find a discount code for an additional 20% off).

Thanks folks!

tgt465

Reaction score
Can't say anything about the site, but the "Italian inspired" fabric is probably polyester, judging by the price. Fine for a "better than nothing" suit, but will probably look bad and fit terribly.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better off getting H&M or Zara at that price. Those suits look pretty ******.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Better off getting H&M or Zara at that price. Those suits look pretty ******.

I agree completely. You'd be better off going to Target and getting Merona suits for under $100.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads