1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitable attire with a Harrington Jacket & always 'tuck out' a check shirt?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by adamt, Aug 11, 2012.

1. adamt

adamt Senior member

I have just bought this cotton navy Harrington cotton jacket:

[​IMG]

My question is. what should i Not wear (+ colours to avoid) with this Navy jacket?
    Are Creme cargos, denim jeans, black chinos all suitable? all with dark brown boat shoes

- i've noticed this harrington jacket is quite baggy around the midriff/stomach area,
    is this the style? as i might tailor it so its tighter in the stomach region and less baggy

Also on a different note, i just bought this long sleeve checked shirt:

[​IMG]

And am i right in thinking i shouldnt tuck this into the jeans or chinos/cargos im wearing (with a belt)
    As from the pictures i've seen online, they all seem to not be tucked in / freely hanging down
    What is best for these style checked shirts, tucked in, or not?
    Also , what bottoms are most suitable?

Thanks for all opinions

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  2. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

There's actually an entire thread called 'Ask a Question, Get an Answer' for these kinds of minor and specific issues.

3. adamt

adamt Senior member

Sorry, i forgot
    have just posted there instead

4. Lord Mulberry

Lord Mulberry Senior member

I have a similar Harrington with which I generally wear a YSL polo T shirt in two shades of blue, the bottom of the polo is darker blue, with a 6 inch wide white hoop across the chest. With that I tend to wear Prince of Wales check Sta Prest in lightish grey and Desert boots on the feet which I balance with a tan belt. It depends what you're happy with really.

P.s. I always tuck in my shirts because as dad said, you'll never be a scout with your shirt hanging out!

5. adamt

adamt Senior member

thanks for the reply mulberry,

i think i should have set a poll of 'what do you wear with your harrington' jacket,

maybe another time :)

6. Apollotrader

Apollotrader Senior member

Any polo, any chino is a classic look, favorite casual belt and shoes.

7. Joker Man

Joker Man Senior member

That's not a Baracuda. And unless you like the shirt longer than jacket geek look I suggestn that you tuck it in[​IMG]

8. adamt

adamt Senior member

I know i got the jacket from USC for a bargain £18
    but im not too keen on how thick the material is, but i cant complain for this price

when i ask about tucking in check shirts i dont mean when wearing a jacket too, just the shirt alone

on the topic of belts, i need a dark brown one to wear with my dark brown boat shoes,
    but im not sure which is advised, a dark brown belt with a brass buckle, or a silver buckle? :

[​IMG]

thanks

9. adamt

adamt Senior member