• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suit

Dante

Reaction score
I've never worn a suit before.  I need to wear one for an upcoming court appearance.  My brother was kind enough to buy a charcoal grey three- button suit for me to wear.  Will this be okay for me to wear for the occassion?  If it's okay, what color shirt should I wear?  Tie or no tie?  Any suggestions on shoes to match?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black shoes (polished.), black or dark gray socks, white shirt (not button down) or light navy, a dark maroon tie. Discreet, neat, and tasteful. The tie is a must.

Lac

Reaction score
well what do you mean by not button-down?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Straight collar. More appropriate with a suit. Button down is great with a blazer.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.