1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suit too small in the back

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by supbla26, Mar 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supbla26

supbla26 Member

Hi I believe that the back of my suit is too tight. When I stand with my suit buttoned there are horizontal stretch marks on the upper back. The front looks great. Everything looks good except the upper back where there is pulling. I am wondering if this is fixable.

There is about 3/4 inch fabric remaining inside the center back seam, so it should be possible to let out the back. Will this fix the problem? Some people seem to suggest that this is a common alteration, but others seem to say that letting out from the center seam can throw off the balance or something. So I'm confused. What would be the result of letting out the back? Basically I just want a flat back on my suit when I am standing.

The other idea I had was I think shortening the collar by pushing up the seemingly excess fabric into the collar, which I gather is common. But if the pulling is caused by tightness, would this do anything at all?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  2. GBR

GBR Senior member

My crystal ball isn't working too well today - can't quite see the rag.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

What @GBR meant is that it's difficult to give any real advice without pictures.

Cheers,

Fok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.