• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit tips for Marriage on summer

ColScar

Reaction score
Hello, There'll be a marriage soon, and i need some tips for what kind of suit i should wear, and after some research i found about seersucker suits besides others, considering that i used a shirt that used a technique similar to it, i decided to try going after seersuckers. However i have no experience with actual suits and also considered using the waistcoat instead of the jacket, since i'm from a tropical place and iit'll fit for another situation when the time comes. After finding this website i decided to ask for tips, so... Who can help me, please?

davidnmaker

Reaction score
I think your lack of responses is because of a lack of detail. Are you getting married, or are you merely attending the wedding? Where is the venue, and when will the wedding be held (both the time of the year and the time of the day)? These are all important questions concerning what you should wear

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What role are you playing? Bride, groom, guest, waiter? It would help if you made that clear.

What on earth make you think it is appropriate to wear just the waist coat? Unless you are the waiter or some other flunky that is an insult to all present. Dreadful thought.

However I suggest that you are patient and await any responses without bumping this thread again.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:lurk:

ColScar

Reaction score
Thanks for replying and sorry for bumping, i was just too anxious, it'll be an open-air marriage on the end of july near Amherst, MA and i'll be a guest. that's why i thought it'd perharps fit to wear the waistcoat, as i mentioned i have no experience with suits, so asking does not hurt. The groom just said that i shouldn't be too much thoughtful about what to wear, that it'd be fine to use some business attire, perhaps... He himself didn't make it clear, just that i shouldn't be any of the polars, nor too casual, nor too classic.

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should just break off the wedding and start saving for a Rubinacci black tie kit now.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forget about your wedding suit. The only suit that you should be thinking about is the one that you're going to wear to the bachelor party: your birthday suit! AM I RIGHT BRO'?
fing02[1].gif

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An odd seersucker waistcoast is a rather odd item. Regardless, no, it doesn't sound like any vest would be a proper substitute for a jacket. A suit might not be necessary, but at least a jacket with dress pants would be.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

However i have no experience with actual suits and also considered using the waistcoat instead of the jacket, since i'm from a tropical place and iit'll fit for another situation when the time comes.

O dear God.

Ivar

Reaction score

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think a seersucker waistcoat sounds like a really stylish option. It would really pop and make you standout in a good way.

jt10000

Reaction score
Seersucker suit, white dress shirt (or perhaps pink if you're really bold) and tie is a good "hi-pop" New England summer look. The shirt can be button-down or straight collar.

No way should you wear a vest instead of a jacket to a wedding like this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads