• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit, Tie and Shirt?

arsalann24

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Needed some opinions on a few things, so here we go. I'm headed to a wedding (at night) and was thinking about wearing the suit in the link below, its the exact same one.

http://www.budwals.co.uk/item/VERSA...INSTRIPEV2KAA03V21104043_0_562_4895_1_na.html

I was gonna wear it with a light blue shirt as well just like in the picture, I was wondering what you guys thought about as tie. I have a nice striped (diagonal stripes) dark blue and red one as well that I thought might match well. I can post a pic of it, if that might help.

Also, what do you think about wearing this for a wedding? Not too informal looking? I also have a black pinstripe one if I needed to switch to something else.

Thanks for your help.

gambit50

Reaction score
I can see becnal's point though some of that might be flash in the pic.
I think it is alright. Most likely it is not a wedding of the most perfectly dressed people in the world even if they are not horribly dressed.
I would probably go with a white shirt, myself, but I think you are fine. And I do not like that certain darker blue(might be named French,Royal) that is worn. Awful in shirts and maybe in general. Though there are certainly darker blues that are fine.
And I dislike black suits, so that would certainly not be an improvement by my scorecard.

arsalann24

Reaction score
Thanks for for your help. I think I'm going to stick with the grey suit, with the blue shirt. Change it up a bit, plus its a brand new suit so why not try it out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads