1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suit, Tie and Shirt?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by arsalann24, May 19, 2013.

1. arsalann24

arsalann24 Member

Hey everybody,

Needed some opinions on a few things, so here we go. I'm headed to a wedding (at night) and was thinking about wearing the suit in the link below, its the exact same one.

http://www.budwals.co.uk/item/VERSA...INSTRIPEV2KAA03V21104043_0_562_4895_1_na.html

I was gonna wear it with a light blue shirt as well just like in the picture, I was wondering what you guys thought about as tie. I have a nice striped (diagonal stripes) dark blue and red one as well that I thought might match well. I can post a pic of it, if that might help.

Also, what do you think about wearing this for a wedding? Not too informal looking? I also have a black pinstripe one if I needed to switch to something else.

Thanks for your help.

2. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

I'd wear that suit and shirt in the daytime, not the nighttime. Not enough contrast.

3. gambit50

gambit50 Senior member

I can see becnal's point though some of that might be flash in the pic.
    I think it is alright. Most likely it is not a wedding of the most perfectly dressed people in the world even if they are not horribly dressed.
    I would probably go with a white shirt, myself, but I think you are fine. And I do not like that certain darker blue(might be named French,Royal) that is worn. Awful in shirts and maybe in general. Though there are certainly darker blues that are fine.
    And I dislike black suits, so that would certainly not be an improvement by my scorecard.

4. arsalann24

arsalann24 Member

Thanks for for your help. I think I'm going to stick with the grey suit, with the blue shirt. Change it up a bit, plus its a brand new suit so why not try it out.