• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit tailored: Feedback

Jkhan82

Reaction score
Hey guys... I just got my suit tailored and wanted some feedback. I like slim fitting suits with a euro flare.

My concerns: I want to remove the break fixed on the pants, thinking 1/2inch shorter. And I think the arms length of the coat is shorter then I requested. I wanted to show more cuff, but this seems way to much. Also one side of my arms length seems longer then the other..could it be my arm is longer? lol I need to find some measuring tape..

suit_fit.jpg

suit_fit2.jpg

suit_fit3.jpg

Thanks in advance...

Jkhan82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inimitable
kJdvS.jpg

hahahah ok no comments on the shoes.. I'm working on my shoe collection... these are some cheap aldos..

good one though..

Macallan9

Reaction score
Those shoulders look like ocean waves. Ditch and re-start with a jacket that fits you at the shoulders.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In order:

Shorten the trousers, burn the shoes, lengthen the sleeves, spend more time reading this forum, realize a few months from now that the suit still doesn't fit in the shoulders (and never will) even after all the alterations, lament the money wasted wishing you'd have bought something from B&S that fit better from the start.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonnyconspicuous
It's a little wide in the shoulders

I think the jacket is just too big over all. Even the sleeves look too big to my amateur eyes.

I don't think anything can be done to make it fit.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
not to beat a dead horse but wowza. I dont care if the suit fit flawless....those pointy shoes would kill any suit. Please, please, for the love of god throw those out. Please.

but yeah, the pants are way too long, arms too short, shoulders too wide. Id advise (like others) to spend some more time reading the forum and looking at WAYWT and get an idea of fit and whatnot.

but before that...go to the thrift store and buy a new pair of shoes if you cant afford anything else. Those are just awful man.

Jkhan82

Reaction score
coo coo Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I'm actually interested in purchasing a Navy blue suit in the near future.

Where would be a good place to start looking? my budget isn't very high and I don't wear suits often enough to warrant the investment, but I would like something worth while. Any suggestions?

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The standard advice is get a set of accurate measurements of you. Then scan the Buy and Sell subforum on this site. There are some great deals to be had, but you *must* know what your measurements are.

mmhollis

Reaction score
+1 on the shoulders and definitely invest in a pair of shoes.

Jkhan82

Reaction score
Would I have to repurchase a whole suit or can I just purchase a better fitting jacket? This is a old CK suit..

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd start over with a new suit, and yeah, those shoes...yowza

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads